Sherman Brothers sighting

L

Lem Siddons

A friend informed me that both Shermans were present at the first night of previews for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in NYC. During intermission, they were both approached by friends and fans and were apparently gracious to both. Not sure if they're both going to be here for the actual opening night, but it might be worth the risk if you want a chance to meet these Disney legends.

stlewis75

Several years ago they were at Disneyland on a day I was there, and I didn't even find out about it until the day was over and it was too late. Apparently they were greeting fans in the Golden Horseshoe Theater... and I missed it! I was disappointed. They wrote some great stuff for Disney.

Gurgitoy2

I'd love to meet them someday, hopefully before Robert is no longer with us. I just have a feeling I may never get the chance though. I really doubt I'll be going to the Chitty premier...Oh well, at least I've got their music to listen to.

MickeysPal1981

I have to thank the Disneyana Conventions for allowing me to meet both Richard and Robert (separately). I met Richard in 1999 and again in 2000 (he autographed my Sherman Brothers CD lyric book, then told me I have good taste!).

Meeting Robert was a completely different story. It was at the 2002 Convention. I had just bought an 8X10 of The Shermans with Walt at the place at the convention where private collectors sell their stuff. Then I saw a sign with Robert's name on it and I went crazy! He signed the 8X10 I had bought not 5 minutes earlier! I'm very thankful that I had the opportunity to meet both of them and since then I love their work (especially Mary Poppins) more than ever.

Robert