1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Sad News about the man we knew as HITCHHIKING GHOST

Discussion in 'Archive' started by daliseurat, Jan 8, 2007.

1. daliseurat

daliseurat Member

I don't know if anyone here announced this, but since I never saw any mention I thought I'd pass on the news. The man known in the Disney online and newsgroup community as HITCHHIKING GHOST passed away in late November. He was responsible for a thirteen disc tribute to Disneyland as well as a rare 9 disc compilation of unreleased loops from the parks. He maintained a few popular websites and a terrific radio station with Disney tunes as well as a classic rock station. I found him to be a facinating and passionate disney fan and a good online friend. Saying he will be missed is an understatement. His work has been said to have inspired Randy Thornton, or at least helped him get that terrific 6 disc Disneyland retrospective produced. True or not, HHG's sets definitely were a thing of beauty. Rest in peace my friend.

Daliseurat

2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

That is sad...

Here's hoping he's gone to a happier place.

3. Gone2Disneyland

Gone2Disneyland Member

I wasn't aware, daliseurat, thanks for posting the news, sad as it is.

4. Dr. G

Dr. G New Member

daliseurat:

Thanks for posting this information. I wondered what had happened with the website, etc. I contributed $ a few times there but it seems G. never got enough others to do the same to fund the bandwidth.

He certainly had a passion for Disney music, and I'm very grateful. I don't doubt that his work at least contributed to the release of so much music now by Disney Corporate. I hope he has found peace.