1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Re:disney

Discussion in 'Archive' started by casper, Apr 10, 2002.

1. casper

casper New Member

there is the commercial for disneyworld 100 years celebration. the song is great i am looking for someone to know the name of it

2. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

Casper-

Different parts of the country have different Disney commercials. For example, when I lived in NY, the WDW commercials were based on "Disney Vacations." Now that I live in FL, the Tampa-area commercials focus more on day trips and the discounts you can get as a FL Resident. Totaly different commercials with different background music.

On the west coast, of course, they don't even mention WDW...it's all that "other" Disney park .

Where do you live, so the people in your specific area know to look for "your" commercial?

-Sharon-

3. casper

casper New Member

Thanks for the reply. I live in Southern Ontario. 8)

4. Grack

Grack New Member

The official song of the 100 Years of Magic Celebration is called "Share a Dream Come True" and appears in several versions on commercials and in the theme parks. You can find a pop version of it on a recent Official WDW CD or the "Magic in the Streets" parade CD. Also, if you call 407-WDISNEY and request a video, some form of the music will be on it too.
    Hope this helps!
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisne...eoRequestSurvey

5. Shane

Shane Member

We get some WDW commercials out here on the frontier west of the Great Divide, Sharon...;)

...but only occasionally. They sometimes play them during
    national sports telecasts and othertimes they pop up on late-night network telecasts. Of course, the old "You and the X have just won the x. What are you gonna do next? I'm going to DL/WDW!" commercials were perfect for that. I miss those, cheesy as they were. Actually, since the debut of the Disney Cruise Line, they hardly ever show WDW commercials anymore here. I haven't watched one in years, but I bet they show 'em on the ABC Disney Sunday Movie.

6. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

Shane-

Wow, they HAVE televisions on that side of the country? . They never, ever advertise DL here (or when I was in NY), but WDW is bigger and a vacation destination unto itself, that it makes sense to advertise country-wide.

When we went to Europe in '96, was interesting that the London TDS's had HUGE displays for DLP. And that was in a whole other COUNTRY .

-Sharon-