1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Rare or unreleased Disneyland 50th Album???

Discussion in 'Archive' started by wdi33, Aug 1, 2006.

1. wdi33

wdi33 New Member

I found this great artwork for a Disneyland 50th Album and was wondering if is or has been available for purchase? Anyone have any more info on it?

2. Zarpman

Zarpman Member

This is the Japanese version of the album. Same content.

3. Dirk

Dirk Member

Hi Z?rpman: which version of the 50th OA is it?

I am wondering since the 50th OA for Disneyland which I bought at Tokyo Disney in 2005 had the same cover-artwork as the regular one disc US release (the castle spliced together out of horizontal segements from the different castles). Content-wise it is also identical to the one disc version on sale in CD-shops in the US, only that the content is spread out over 2 CDs. Randy Thornton explained in a threat about this here on the board that the decision to spread the content over 2 CDs in Japan was made by their local partner due to some technical problems.

Yours
    Dirk

4. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Forgive my language, but that is a Bitchin' cover. Not an overly airbrushed character in sight!

5. wdi33

wdi33 New Member

I LOVE the cover art too! Thats why I'm hoping to be able to buy this album! I just dont know where it's available!

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

I've always thought this cover was FAR superior to the American version. I would love to have a copy as well.

Jim

7. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

This cover makes me think of the 50th fireworks show :)

8. Zarpman

Zarpman Member

Thanks DisneyFanatic. I knew it was an import, but the country of origin escaped me. Maybe it was never released? I remember seeing this cover art last year around the same time the "national" version of the Official Album started popping up in our local Wal-marts. While the "five castle" art probably strikes more of a chord with the masses, I'm with you guys when I say that this Disneyland-only cover art is terrific and should have found a home on some piece of Disneyland 50th merchandise. Ho-hum...