projectdisney.com back up?

Dirk

HI,

for all of us projectdisney is a great source - even so it surely stand at best in a grey area of law as it might get tolerated by the powers of Disney because they know the stuff is not available and most propably won't be available ever

but uploading stuff that IS available on CD clearly is against the interests of Disney and so it is only a question of time till the insist on their legal position and close down the site - not to forget that sharing readily on CD available stuff reduces our chances to see more rare material pop up on CDs.

So: please refrain from asking for material that is available on CD as e.g. the Small World CD from TDL.

Thanks

Dirk

bbowling

this is to tongoroa i'm new to irc and do you have to be online for me to download from you and how do i download from you

thanks in advance
bb

derekdaze

this is to tongoroa i'm new to irc and do you have to be online for me to download from you and how do i download from you

bbowling; Once you have connected to the disney-central channel just type @tongoroa and you will be asked if you want to accept a file - accept it - it is a text file with a list of all of tongoroa's files, and most importantly, at the top of it it has details of how to request the files to download.

I believe tongoroa's computer is always connected so the files are available 24/7 and tongoroa's replies are automated (as is the great disney trivia!!!)

HTH.
Derek

dalvarad

Is anyone having a problem logging in to Project Disney-I've tried almost every day after it came back up and I keep getting a msg about password being incorrect. I had no problem before...

Is this due to the limited bandwith that is now put on the server?

dtats

I haven't had any luck either. My guess is that it's due to their server limitations, or bandwith issues, or something like that. They've posted the issue on their main site.

Too bad; it seemd to be off to a good start, too!

I try every morning & evening with no luck! Did anyone else notice the message in the log file? If you have not here it is

This computer system is for authorized users only. Individuals using this
system without authority or in excess of their authority are subject to
having all their activities on this system monitored and recorded or
examined by any authorized person, including law enforcement, as system
personnel deem appropriate. In the course of monitoring individuals
improperly using the system or in the course of system maintenance, the
activities of authorized users may also be monitored and recorded. Any
material so recorded may be disclosed as appropriate. Anyone using this
system consents to these terms.

derekdaze

Iago mentions on the site that he is looking for mirrors for the site.

However, a lot of servers will provide 'unlimited' bandwidth, maybe if some of us all clubbed together we could get something going.....?

Just a thought.

trentino

Canada BGM

I was wondering if anyone had any Canada pavillion background music they could share? I know it's out there as there are a couple tracks on The Sound of Magic website. Also, I see that the Project Disney archive has China BGM etc.

After working in the Canada pavillion for a year and having the BGM burned into my brain, I should would love to hear those tunes again!

Thanks,
Trent

trentino

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

The other think I'm looking for is a recording of the One and Only Rip Roarin' Musical Extravaganza: the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.

That there seems to be an almost forgetten Disney gem even though it's still playing every night.

derekdaze

'Here Here' on the Hoop-de-doo front - what a catchy song, and a great show too.

Trent - what year were you at Canada - Merch or F&B?

Derek

SharonKurland

OK....although I probably have one of the larger collections of Disney CD's amongst us, y'all have many, many more files than I do. So you would know more about this than me...but since the Hoop Dee Doo was sung by live singers and played by a live piano player, wouldn't that be harder to get an "official" copy from? I remember when WDW Forever had the HBOND show, it was instrumentals only (albeit for a very short period of time), but at least that was pre-recorded. What else would be out there, besides a boot sound board recording or a copy from someone with a tape recorder?

-Sharon-