Playlist Pop Century Resort [Halloween]

I've also heard they have a Halloween loop...
Now this sounds interesting.

Hi, all...
Not sure if this should get its own thread, but having returned late last night/early this morning from WDW, I can now confirm that Pop does indeed have a Halloween loop! unfortunately they just started it yesterday, so I only got to listen to a little of it whilst waiting for my DME. Curious whether this loop is nabbed from any of the MNSSHP stuff but I don't think so. The songs I caught included:
Purple People Eater
Sugar Sugar
Magic Man
Witch Doctor
Monster Mash
Haunted House
and (couldn't hear this one very well) possibly Spiderwebs?

It was playing in and around classic hall, and in front of the DME waiting area....I overheard that it will be playing throughout October.

Define "accessible" :)
There was an obvious speaker right over the DME waiting area. It was pretty obvious, as I recall. Didn't get a chance to look at the other areas, but I'm wondering about the outside waiting areas near the resort bus pickups.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I should have Pop Century Resort [Halloween] up shortly. This one gets mostly a thumbs down from me. Apparently, any song with the words "candy" or "magic" in the title or lyrics, even if it's about a young girl being seduced by an older man ("Magic Man"), somehow translates to "Halloween." :confused:

The listing will be interesting to see. Even in the UK there is a plethora of Halloween discs being stocked by Walmart-type stores at the moment. They even have the same name but the playlist varies but share several tracks. (Monster mash, Purple people eater, theme from Nightmare before Christmas etc). Any indications if Disney has used a previously-issued Halloween compilation for their loop rather than sourced individual tracks?

Horizons

Playlist Author
This doesn't sound all that interesting then. The new Adventureland loop used at the Halloween party has several odd choices, but the radio style loop (WARR) with pirate DJ made it worth recording.

Wow, Jay! That was quick work! Thanks. I hope it didn't take you 10 hours this time!

Outside of my Disney music interest, I am a fan of Halloween music. Somehow I find it entertaining when people make inappropriate song choices for playlists simply based upon titles...this is a common occurrence at some weddings. Unintentional hilarity! And somehow it's even more entertaining when the Mouse does it...doesn't happen very often.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I hope it didn't take you 10 hours this time!

More. :(
I am a fan of Halloween music.

Me too. Halloween is actually my favorite holiday. But my idea of a proper Halloween CD or background music loop would be to stick with the novelty songs like "Monster Mash," "Purple People Eater," and "The Blob" (a 3-1/2 hour loop at Pop Century and they managed to leave out "The Blob?!"), and/or go instrumental using scary selections from well-known Horror/Sci-Fi/Suspense film scores like Halloween, Psycho, The Exorcist, Jaws, etc.

Most Halloween collections make little or no sense. :confused:
Somehow I find it entertaining when people make inappropriate song choices for playlists simply based upon titles...this is a common occurrence at some weddings. Unintentional hilarity! And somehow it's even more entertaining when the Mouse does it...doesn't happen very often.

The Mouse does it a lot more than you think. I don't think Disney's selections for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster come close to being family friendly. My favorite is "Walk This Way" (You ain't seen nothin' till you're down on a muffin). They've got DJs inside the parks and at Downtown Disney who are having small children dance along to things like the unedited version of "Greased Lightning" (I can get off my rocks / she's a real pussy wagon / the chicks'll cream), and worse, Britney Spears doozies like "3" (about a ménage à trois) and "If U Seek Amy" (F-U-C-K me). Great job, guys. :(

More than 10 hours!?!? But the last loop was 10 hours! Then I shudder to think how long THAT must have taken you...

I have a few Halloween compilations I adore, including most of the classics (Monster Mash, Haunted House, Love Potion No. 9, something from Rocky Horror, etc.). Many of them seem to have random, inexplicable 80s dance music (because people love to dance in costume?). Old Navy put a pretty good one out a couple of years ago. I don't think this playlist Pop is using is too bad--considering, especially, that there is a Wizards of Waverly Place soundtrack with covers of lots of these...I'm glad they used originals!

Ahhh...thanks to you, my Pop Halloween collection is now complete... Almost makes up for getting sick at WDW last week... :p
Now if I can just compile that Anandapur loop from DAK...

Having stayed at Pop over Halloween, I was sad to find that there was no Halloween loop in play this year. Just the normal monstrosities on that 10-hour loop.