1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Playlist Pop Century Resort [Halloween]

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by Magic Music, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

2. TofuForBrains

TofuForBrains Member

Hi, all...
    Not sure if this should get its own thread, but having returned late last night/early this morning from WDW, I can now confirm that Pop does indeed have a Halloween loop! unfortunately they just started it yesterday, so I only got to listen to a little of it whilst waiting for my DME. Curious whether this loop is nabbed from any of the MNSSHP stuff but I don't think so. The songs I caught included:
    Purple People Eater
    Sugar Sugar
    Magic Man
    Witch Doctor
    Monster Mash
    Haunted House
    and (couldn't hear this one very well) possibly Spiderwebs?

It was playing in and around classic hall, and in front of the DME waiting area....I overheard that it will be playing throughout October.

3. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Are there any accessible speakers in these areas?

4. TofuForBrains

TofuForBrains Member

Define "accessible" :)
    There was an obvious speaker right over the DME waiting area. It was pretty obvious, as I recall. Didn't get a chance to look at the other areas, but I'm wondering about the outside waiting areas near the resort bus pickups.

5. Magic Music

No. There is a speaker in the restroom, next to the arcade, but it is currently out.

6. TofuForBrains

TofuForBrains Member

I can confirm that it's still out in the ladies' room, too, as of yesterday.

7. Magic Music

I should have Pop Century Resort [Halloween] up shortly. This one gets mostly a thumbs down from me. Apparently, any song with the words "candy" or "magic" in the title or lyrics, even if it's about a young girl being seduced by an older man ("Magic Man"), somehow translates to "Halloween." :confused:

8. eyore

eyore DLRP explorer Premium Member Playlist Author

The listing will be interesting to see. Even in the UK there is a plethora of Halloween discs being stocked by Walmart-type stores at the moment. They even have the same name but the playlist varies but share several tracks. (Monster mash, Purple people eater, theme from Nightmare before Christmas etc). Any indications if Disney has used a previously-issued Halloween compilation for their loop rather than sourced individual tracks?

9. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

This doesn't sound all that interesting then. The new Adventureland loop used at the Halloween party has several odd choices, but the radio style loop (WARR) with pirate DJ made it worth recording.

10. Magic Music

I have added Pop Century Resort [Halloween] to the Playlists section. :)

A number of tracks had to be found the old-fashioned way, including "Bare Bones Woman Blues," "Big Black Cat," and "Black Cat."

Cover art and links to be filled in later...

11. TofuForBrains

TofuForBrains Member

Wow, Jay! That was quick work! Thanks. I hope it didn't take you 10 hours this time!

Outside of my Disney music interest, I am a fan of Halloween music. Somehow I find it entertaining when people make inappropriate song choices for playlists simply based upon titles...this is a common occurrence at some weddings. Unintentional hilarity! And somehow it's even more entertaining when the Mouse does it...doesn't happen very often.

12. Magic Music

More. :(
    Me too. Halloween is actually my favorite holiday. But my idea of a proper Halloween CD or background music loop would be to stick with the novelty songs like "Monster Mash," "Purple People Eater," and "The Blob" (a 3-1/2 hour loop at Pop Century and they managed to leave out "The Blob?!"), and/or go instrumental using scary selections from well-known Horror/Sci-Fi/Suspense film scores like Halloween, Psycho, The Exorcist, Jaws, etc.

Most Halloween collections make little or no sense. :confused:
    The Mouse does it a lot more than you think. I don't think Disney's selections for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster come close to being family friendly. My favorite is "Walk This Way" (You ain't seen nothin' till you're down on a muffin). They've got DJs inside the parks and at Downtown Disney who are having small children dance along to things like the unedited version of "Greased Lightning" (I can get off my rocks / she's a real pussy wagon / the chicks'll cream), and worse, Britney Spears doozies like "3" (about a ménage à trois) and "If U Seek Amy" (F-U-C-K me). Great job, guys. :(

13. TofuForBrains

TofuForBrains Member

More than 10 hours!?!? But the last loop was 10 hours! Then I shudder to think how long THAT must have taken you...

I have a few Halloween compilations I adore, including most of the classics (Monster Mash, Haunted House, Love Potion No. 9, something from Rocky Horror, etc.). Many of them seem to have random, inexplicable 80s dance music (because people love to dance in costume?). Old Navy put a pretty good one out a couple of years ago. I don't think this playlist Pop is using is too bad--considering, especially, that there is a Wizards of Waverly Place soundtrack with covers of lots of these...I'm glad they used originals!

Ahhh...thanks to you, my Pop Halloween collection is now complete... Almost makes up for getting sick at WDW last week... :p
    Now if I can just compile that Anandapur loop from DAK...

14. Magic Music

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    The playlist will be back soon!

15. TofuForBrains

TofuForBrains Member

Having stayed at Pop over Halloween, I was sad to find that there was no Halloween loop in play this year. Just the normal monstrosities on that 10-hour loop.

16. ImagineerMMC

ImagineerMMC New Member

Any chance this playlist is coming back?

debvee60 likes this.
  17. Magic Music

I'll see if I can get to work on it. :)