Resource icon

Playlist Pop Century Resort [2010]

I thought this loop was complete...? Or is it that you don't know which song comes first?

I'm an 80s fan, so I'm very curious about the 80s pool loop.

And chandler20, hopefully you saw the thread where we posted the Pop bus loop--a truly fun collection that took a while to wrangle out of WDI due to some comical misperceptions on the part of customer service...no one on here has fully verified it, but I've verified pieces and it seems good.
http://www.magicmusic.net/topic/4682-pop-century-bus-loop-a-first-stab/

Horizons

Playlist Author
I haven't been in a hurry to get there at 6:00 A.M. :D

A real fan would be there by 5:30am (speaking from experience).

If you run out of projects, perhaps you can go to the Boardwalk and see if the speakers outside by Jellyrolls are still playing the BGM heard on the boardwalk, rather than the interior loop. It was doing this for the Christmas BGM, although prior to the Christmas BGM starting last year, these speakers played the interior loop, which was the case for the past few years. Having a reference recording, or playlist, of the boardwalk BGM would be a nice addition.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I thought this loop was complete...? Or is it that you don't know which song comes first?

I just need to know which song(s) are first. The loop starts with the exact same song every day. One of the Duty Managers there tells me that the first song is "The Twist." If that is true, I also need to know the name of the second song, since "The Twist" and "The Hustle" are both special songs that are on a timer.

Club 33

Playlist Author
"The Twist" and "The Hustle" are both special songs that are on a timer.

Could you explain further what you mean by this?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
"The Twist" and "The Hustle" are both special songs that are on a timer.

Could you explain further what you mean by this?

Pop Century guests are invited to join cast members as they dance to "The Twist" every morning at 8:00 A.M. and to "The Hustle" every evening at 6:00 P.M. These tracks are on a timer, they interrupt the regular selections, and they are extremely loud.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Pop Century guests are invited to join cast members as they dance to "The Twist" every morning at 8:00 A.M. and to "The Hustle" every evening at 6:00 P.M. These tracks are on a timer, they interrupt the regular selections, and they are extremely loud.

Thankfully during the week I spent at the Pop last spring I managed not to be around for this.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
So these two tracks are not part of the actual loop then but rather individual items that would interrupt the loop itself at those set times (even if they may be included within the loop at other times) ?

Wow. That timer/automated thing could be really embarrassing if they're having a fire alarm go off at that time. Or a medical emergency. Or an evacuation. ("Hey, folks, time to "hustle" off the property...")

Oh--eyore, I don't believe they're included in the loop itself. They don't seem to play at other times, just 8 AM for the Twist and 6 PM for the Hustle.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
So these two tracks are not part of the actual loop then but rather individual items that would interrupt the loop itself at those set times (even if they may be included within the loop at other times) ?

"The Twist" and "The Hustle" are not part of the regular loop.

The playlist will be visible again soon...

chandler20

Jay,
Is the song 'Danger Zone' by Kenny Loggins on the list,I remember hearing it the last time I was there.(Last month)

And,
I am going this friday!!
I will take notes on my phone on which songs I hear. If I don't know the song name, I will post some lyrics I hear.

When will the playlist be visible, I want to download some of the music onto my ipod so I can listen to it the next 2 days.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Is the song 'Danger Zone' by Kenny Loggins on the list,I remember hearing it the last time I was there.(Last month)

It's not part of the Classic Hall loop. If you heard it, it was probably at the Computer Pool ('80s-'90s).

I am going this friday!! I will take notes on my phone on which songs I hear.

Let me know what the first couple of songs are in the morning. You'll need to be in Classic Hall at some ungodly hour before they turn on the music.

Have fun on your trip! :)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I've gone ahead and made this work-in-progress playlist visible again. :)

As you can see, the forum software is going to have to be modified in order to properly display a playlist of this length. In the mean time, "please pardon our dust," so to speak. :p

chandler20

Jay, I have a couple of approximate start times.

Great Balls of Fire- approx. 2:37 pm
Hard Day's Night- approx. 2:40 pm

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I've had several people ask me about this one, so I'm bringing it back into view, but I have yet to find the time to add any cover art, playing times, or purchase links. Consider this one a "work in progress" that is likely to remain that way for a very long time. 😆

imthewalrus97

Does anyone happen to have the playlists for the pool and Twister sections and the Halloween and Christmas seasons? I have the Classic Hall/Bus Load and Magic in Motion Bus loops and would love to complete the collection of playlists for this result. Or does anyone know who I might be able to contact or where I could find them? Thanks for the help.