Pop Century Bus Loop: A First Stab

OK, this gets even better! So I e-mailed WDW guest mail and I guess that was the wrong place to go. Here is my e-mail and their (obviously canned) response:

TofuForBrains said:
Hello, I'm not sure where to direct this question. I really
enjoy many of the park and resort music loops that Disney plays in
various public areas. On my recent stay, I loved listening to the Pop
Century bus loop (this is the music that plays when you ride the bus
from a park to Pop Century Resort). It is a mix of pop music,
commercials, and TV theme songs from the 1950s through the 1990s. I
would love a track listing of the music that is used in this loop. Is
there a way to get this information? What department at Disney prepares
music loops for the parks?
Thank you so much for your reply. E-mail is the easiest way to contact
me.
Sincerely,[TFB]

Wendy the literacy-challenged said:
Dear [TFB],

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

While we appreciate your interest, CDs containing the compilations of
our various resort and theme park background music selections are not
offered.

[TFB], thank you again for writing.

We look forward to your next visit to the Walt Disney World Resort and
hope that your time with us is magical.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

TofuForBrains said:
Gargantuan sigh.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Wendy the literacy-challenged said:
Dear [TFB],

While we appreciate your interest, CDs containing the compilations of
our various resort and theme park background music selections are not
offered.

[TFB], thank you again for writing.

We look forward to your next visit to the Walt Disney World Resort and
hope that your time with us is magical.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Oh dear, you got a set reply and not an answer to your request (as you wanted a listing not a CD).
That may make one wonder if they use one particular CD for the loops rather than make a compilation (there are some loops consisting of a single CD played in order, I think) and don't want to promote it. More likely they had a quick look at your mail and pushed a reply button "reply #1".

If it was me, I'd write back and thank them for their reply but pointing out you wanted to know the titles of the music played, not a CD of them. That may mean it gets passed and will be read properly by someone.
Worth a try (sometimes a second request gets passed to the right people).

Yep, that's why I was all snide (I'm all snide up in this thread, what's up with that?) and called her Wendy the Literacy-Challenged. I think they just saw some keywords and pushed a button, as you suggested. I already wrote back and asked if they could connect me to Guest Relations at WDW, since they did not respond to the question I actually asked. The Guest Relations folks didn't know the answer to my obscure question about something else, but they called someone and like 10 minutes later I had printed hieroglyphs from Spaceship Earth (with translation). So I'm pretty sure someone there can help.

I also have another contact I could ask. Not sure if he could get anywhere, but he is a CM and is fairly well-connected.

I was expressly forbidden to post when they gave it to me. Although when I translate them I can post my translation :) (Yes, I'm going to xlate and check my work...yes...I'm a giant nerd...who took a year of hieroglyphs in college AND IS NOT LETTING IT GO TO WASTE, DAMMIT!)

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I was expressly forbidden to post when they gave it to me. Although when I translate them I can post my translation :) (Yes, I'm going to xlate and check my work...yes...I'm a giant nerd...who took a year of hieroglyphs in college AND IS NOT LETTING IT GO TO WASTE, DAMMIT!)

Yes, that bit about it being confidential etc seems to be on all their stuff now. :rolleyes:
Usually something along the lines of the data in this document incorporates proprietary rights of WALT DISNEY IMAGINEERING. It shall not be duplicated in whole or part nor disclosed to others without the written consent of WDI or words to that effect ;)
Rats, does the restriction come under the restriction as well :blink:

Heh...no, the person who handed it to me said I was not allowed to share it with anyone, or else Mickey's Mafia would come after me. OK, I made that last part up, but she said the rest of it. And she said I could not post it anywhere on the internets. Although it's funny, since you'd think the original copyright belongs to the pharaoh's scribe...

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Heh...no, the person who handed it to me said I was not allowed to share it with anyone, or else Mickey's Mafia would come after me. OK, I made that last part up, but she said the rest of it. And she said I could not post it anywhere on the internets. Although it's funny, since you'd think the original copyright belongs to the pharaoh's scribe...

Ah, that's fair enough then.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Don't they know that nothing on the internet is private, and gets shared by everyone. LOL.

Ah yes, The Internet is for all to see - I was reading all your private emails earlier.....................(well, they were delivered via the Internet weren't they) :lol:
Don't worry, only kidding.
He who first puts it on the Internet gets the blame (and no more loop listings from Disney). ;)

Yeah, I promised not to share it and I would feel bad violating that trust. That said, there is probably nothing wrong with posting general info like the text it is from and some of the translation. If any of you are Egyptology geeks like me, please PM me.

We are so off-topic on this thread, we've gone from 20th-century pop culture to negative-20th-century pop culture. I guess we haven't gone back before the Flintstones, so we're ok.

exetor999

Well, go ahead and read the email, nothing here to hide. If you see any nude pictures attached to any of them, I get first dibs....LOL :)

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Well, go ahead and read the email, nothing here to hide. If you see any nude pictures attached to any of them, I get first dibs....LOL :)

Hopefully not from Disneyland!!
Seriously though, it's always better to keep a trust. You never really know if the information has been given as a general hand-out or as a special favour to you alone by a kindly CM (it happens).

exetor999

Hey, i have gotten some very nice nude photos from Disney folks. LOLthere was a CM that was playing Ariel or Jasmine, i forgot which, and she wore her costume, and took some photos of herself taking the costumeoff, and these photos were put up on the intenet about 5 or 6 years ago. She got into all sorts of trouble with the park execs because of it.i thought that it was funny, but the execs didn't! LOL

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Hey, i have gotten some very nice nude photos from Disney folks. LOLthere was a CM that was playing Ariel or Jasmine, i forgot which, and she wore her costume, and took some photos of herself taking the costumeoff, and these photos were put up on the intenet about 5 or 6 years ago. She got into all sorts of trouble with the park execs because of it.i thought that it was funny, but the execs didn't! LOL

I'd rather (if they were doing something that would get them into trouble) that they slip me several scarce recordings instead.
Far more interesting at my age, thank you.
I'd probably be old enough to be her grandfather! :eek:

exetor999

No, i just just joking about those photos. i saw the article online somewhere, but there weren't any photos. they also had a story about a CM on thejungle cruise, on his last day, jumped into the water and swam around, the park had him arrested, and taken away in cuffs! i thought that was a crappy thing to do, since it was a tradition with the junglecruise CMs in the past. i don't know how old that girl was, the article didn't say, so you may be closer to her age that you think. and remember, 50 is the new 30 :) LOL

OMG!!!!!!1!!1!!!eleven!!!

After three attempts, look what I finally got back from WDW Guest Relations today! AND IT LOOKS RIGHT (although I have to double-check the track order and such)! Looks like they are confirming The Partridge Family! Now, which one could have been that marching-type song I heard?
-----------

Dear [TFB],

We apologize it took us so long to get back with you. We were waiting
for the correct information for you. WDI actually produces these loops
and they are not available for sale.

MAGIC IN MOTION POP CENTURY ROUTE

Soul Bossa Nova - Quincy Jones
Theme From All In The Family - Carroll O'Conner Jean Stapelton
Grease - Frankie Vali and the Four Seasons
Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
The Witch Doctor - Alvin and The Chipmuncks
Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band - Meco
New York, New York - Frank Sinatra
The Banana Splits
Excuse Me Mr - No Doubt
Laverne & Shirley Theme - TV Theme
Be A Pepper - Commercial
Material Girl - Madonna
Family Feud - TV Theme
The Time Warp - ??? Not Soundtrack!
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Theme From Seinfeld - Jonathan Wolff
I've Got You Babe - Sonny & Cher
Conjuntion Junction - TV Theme
The Jeffersons - TV Theme
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
The Tonight Show Theme - Television's Greatest Hits Band
Holiday Road - Lindsey Buckingham
The Muppet Show - TV Theme
The Twist - Chubby Checker
We Got The Beat - The Go-Go's
Friends - TV Theme
I Love Bosco - Commercial
Staying Alive - Bee Gees
Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley
The San Francisco Treat Rice A Roni - Commercial
The Partridge Family - TV Theme
Oh Yeah - Yello
YMCA - The Village People
It's Howdy Doody Time - TV Theme
Locomotion - Little Eva
Hot Hot Hot - Buster Poindexter
The Three Stooges Cartoons - TV Theme
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Looney Tunes - TV Theme
Ghost Busters - Ray Parker Jr.
Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
The Monkees - The Monkees
King Tut - Steve Martin
Monty Python's Flying Circus - TV Theme
The Flintstones - TV Theme
It's Slinky - Commercial
Star Trek - TV Theme
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
The Jetsons - TV Theme
Boogie Shoes - KC and the Sunshine Band
M*A*S*H - TV Theme
The Simpsons - TV Theme
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
Words - Missing Persons
Cheers - TV Theme
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend - Marilyn Monroe
The Brady Bunch - TV Theme
The Macarena - Supermix 2005
Celebration - Kool and The Gang

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
AND IT LOOKS RIGHT (although I have to double-check the track order and such)!

Compared to your notes, I'd say Disney's list is in the correct order. Awesome!

Looks like they are confirming The Partridge Family!

Come on Get Happy is an easy one! "Somethin' always happens whenever we're together. We get a happy feelin' when we're singin' a song."

Now, which one could have been that marching-type song I heard?

"It's Howdy Doody Time!"

"It's time to start the show... So, kids let's go!"

Great work, Tofu! Thank goodness I'm not going to have to ride that #@$%# bus again!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Thank goodness I'm not going to have to ride that #@$%# bus again!

Well, that's not really true, is it? Without a reference recording there is absolutely no way for us to know which versions of these tracks were used or what kind of editing Disney might have employed.

#$%!@$! :angry: