Dennis Pavao
Na Mele Henoheno
 CD   MP3 

Read more about this playlist...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Four years in the making! :eek:

It costs a pretty penny to keep Magic Music running, so please follow our links when purchasing music. And feel free to toss a big screen TV into your cart, too. We can use all the help we can get around here! :LOL:

Scott Lawrence

Hooray! I suppose I need to start saving to buy all of these tracks for SubsonicRadio. hehe. Is the source loop recording that you were working off of available anywhere?

Oh, and also; is the playlist available in a spreadsheet format? I'd like to use it as a checklist! :D

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Is the source loop recording that you were working off of available anywhere?

Nope. It's my own. Made on a very cold day in March of 2010.

Oh, and also; is the playlist available in a spreadsheet format? I'd like to use it as a checklist! :D

Sorry, no.

BTW...

I may eventually change where the loop "begins," as I've noticed that tracks from a couple/few albums appear in order. "This isn't your five-minute 'drag and drop' job. No siree!" :rolleyes:

jksoundman

Jay,

Thanks for all of the hard work you do to find this stuff! The music from the Poly is definitely some of my favorite. Is there anywhere/any way you could post short clips of the three you haven't identified yet? Also, I saw that you aske that we follow the Amazon links from this page when purchasing...does MagicMusic get some kind of kick back from them? if so, I'll be sure to order that way!

Paul

Thank you so much. I'm glad your hard work will help pay for the cost of the site. I didn't have any of these CDs/mp3s so at least my spending spree helps.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
See unknown tracks 22, 74, and 80, above, for 60-second clips.

Shazam, Soundhound, et al, haven't spent much time on the islands, so much of this stuff has been located the old-fashioned way: listening to thousands of samples and hoping to eventually hit upon something. Yup, I'm crazy. :confused:

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Magic Music updated Polynesian Resort [2010] with a new update entry:

All 82 Tracks Have Now Been Accounted For!

I found Track 80! :)

515VMYW62TL._AA80_.jpg
80. Hawaiian Vamp 2:10
Webley Edwards and the Hawaii Calls Orchestra
Hawaiian Strings: Favorite Instrumentals Volume 3
 CD 

Disney likely ripped this track from Capitol's 1959 LP Hawaiian Strings (ST-1152, vinyl). In addition to the rare, out-of-print CD from EMI Music Japan (UPC 4988006780422) that I'm linking to here, this track recently became available (June 12, 2015) as an Amazon MP3  UK  for persons residing in the UK.

All 82 tracks have now been accounted for! (y)

And it only took me 5.5 years to finish this playlist! ;)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Linkperez

(I hope necroposting isn't against the rules)

Hey Magic Music and Disney music fans! This is my first post, and I would like to comment about the songs of the Poly. This loop is my 2nd favorite in all of Disney World (but it could easily be my favorite as well) because of how chill the songs are. While I understand less than half of the words 😂, I understand and even memorized all of the melodies. I am so glad I discovered this website this past April (it was linked in a YouTube video of a Disney loop), because for a few years (2017-2019) I was under the impression that a certain Poly loop on YouTube was accurate (and I loved that video, too!). When I finally paid close attention to the loops during my 2019 trip, I didn't recognize the Poly loop at all and thought they changed it. Turns out that the video I found wasn't entirely accurate (and has unintentionally fooled hundreds of thousands of viewers), so I wanted to be the one who discovered the *actual* loop. Thankfully, you made this list 11 years ago so that I can just search the songs off the Internet (not everything was found on YouTube) and sit back and relax... and become extremely nostalgic about Disney like I always do. 😁

There is one more thing I would like to mention. While looking into videos of people touring the Polynesian, I noticed that song #22 (Sweet Violet - The Sunday Manoa) doesn't play anymore (or maybe never did? I don't know). The other 81 songs do, though. Just wanted to point that out.

Anyways, love the website, Magic Music!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
While looking into videos of people touring the Polynesian, I noticed that song #22 (Sweet Violet - The Sunday Manoa) doesn't play anymore (or maybe never did? I don't know). The other 81 songs do, though. Just wanted to point that out.

Oh, it most definitely did play. I remember the very cold day at the quiet pool when I made the reference recording for this loop. What do you mean about videos of people touring the Poly? As for Sweet Violet not playing now, odd, I can't imagine why one single song would go AWOL. But, stranger things have happened at Disney. Much stranger! The next time I'm at the Poly, I'll have to listen for it. Stay tuned... :)

Linkperez

What do you mean about videos of people touring the Poly?

Like, I watched videos on YouTube from channels like ResortTV1 (well, mainly from ResortTV1).

For Sweet Violet, here is a link to the first video I heard that didn't have the song:

You can hear the jump from Honolulu Baby to On the Beach at Waikiki at 30:55, and I listened very closely to see if there was a noticeable difference in audio (for example, the uploader using software to cut a portion of audio/video out), and the transition was smooth.

Another video, though MUCH harder to hear, has the same thing: From Honolulu to On the Beach between 22:00 and 23:00. This is the link to that video:

I had to force myself to hear the melodies, and I eventually heard a snippet of the solo from Honolulu and the opening to On the Beach, but no Sweet Violet (although I have yet to hear what The Sunday Manoa's Sweet Violet sounds like).

And I am visiting Disney in a few days (not staying at the Poly, but I'll try and get as much music exposure as possible), so I'll check out the loop too.

Linkperez

No Sweet Violet. I’m currently at the Poly, and I heard the jump from Honolulu Baby to On the Beach at Waikiki.