1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Looking for tech help

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Katybug, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Katybug

Katybug New Member

Some of you guys seem to know what your talking about in the way of getting music off other media. I've got two questions:

1) How do I take a REAL music file and change it to something like a .wav or .mp3 so I can burn it?

2) How to record music directly from videos? Referring me to a website would be fine for an answer to this quesiton, or a recommedation on equipment. THANKS!

You guys are always so helpful! ;D

2. J2002

J2002 New Member

-Katy,
    Are you talking about a Real file on or off the internet? ???

3. g00fyfan

g00fyfan New Member

Katy Bug,

You should be able to use the standard Windows recorder. Just make sure "What U Hear" is selected. Hit the "record" button as you play the Real file and "stop" when it's done. That will get you a WAV file. Then use Music Match or whatever to convert to MP3.

Hope that leads you in the right direction.

4. Steve LeVine

Steve LeVine Member

If you do a google search for real audio converters I think you will find a few programs that convert real audio to wav files. This program seems to be one that does it

http://www.wisecroft.com/

5. Katybug

Katybug New Member

Thanks again for the help, and I will try it!

But what has been used to record music/sounds from tv? Do I just need a special cord or something? Man I was I was more technology inclined.

Caitlin