1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

OT, but somewhat urgent, Poppins/CoP question

Discussion in 'Archive' started by GrizzlyHall, Dec 27, 2004.

1. GrizzlyHall

GrizzlyHall Member

Hey folks - gotta question for anyone who can help.

I noticed that the robins from the "Spoonful of Sugar" sequence of Mary Poppins look exactly like those in the Carousel of Progress. In the new DVD Audio Commentary, Richard Sherman remarked, "That bird ended up in the 1964 Carousel of Progress."

The big question is, are the Poppins birds in WALT DISNEY WORLD'S current Carousel of Progress?

Thanks. :D

2. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

I have no idea for sure, but....

1. Disney has ALWAYS been well-known for "recycling"
    2. AA's, even ones as simple as the birds, were undoubtedly very expensive in the mid-1960's....and what ELSE would they be doing with them?

With visions of people flocking to COP to look at the bird ,
    -Sharon-

3. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

It's funny, I remember seeing footage of these birds on one of the Disney shows, as part of the CoP but I didn't think they were actually in the attraction. My experience of the attraction only touches on it's last 2 incarnations, and to my recollection, there's nothing but a painted backdrop outside the windows. But I could be wrong about previous versions (or later ones for that matter). Perhaps Mr. Sherman remembers the same footage and just confused it with real life?

4. GrizzlyHall

GrizzlyHall Member

Mr. Sherman was referring to the Worlds Fair bird, but I'm 85% sure there are two bird animatronics in the left window of scene 1 in the current CoP.

5. cop4ever

cop4ever Member

From my reshearch the birds in act one are th ebirds that were used in mary poppins.But though the years they may have updated them or replaced them since 1964.

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

This may be one of the best pieces of WDW trivia ever... if its true. Thanks for sharing!

:)