1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

OT: AA Bird in One Man's Dream

Discussion in 'Archive' started by GrizzlyHall, Aug 6, 2005.

1. GrizzlyHall

GrizzlyHall Member

I was recently listening to some NY64 World's Fair audio - specifically the Fission/Fusion exhibit hosted by two birds (one voiced by Wally Boag and the other by Paul Frees) - and the audio to that GE exhibit sparked my interest.

Does anyone have more information on this specific exhibit, and per chance does the Audio-Animatronic bird in "One Man's Dream" come from this show?

Thanks! :)

2. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

I have a love hate relationship with the Fission/Fusion Show. Love that they included (or did they if it was never "released"?) such a rare bit, but hate what a horrible song it is, rhyme, tune, and meter. Other than that I can't tell you anything.

I can tell you that the bird in the exhibit, is just a standard Tiki Toucan so I don't expect that WDI stored a certain one away for years just because it appeared in the NYWF show. Most likely they just grabbed a Tiki bird because it's controls were relatively simple for the guest to do. Just guessing though.

3. GrizzlyHall

GrizzlyHall Member

Thanks -- I had guessed it was the Paul Frees bird as it wears a French beret. ;)

4. Jeff in NY

Jeff in NY Member

It is the same bird used in the television show. Walt talks to it, and Wally's voice is used. They (Walt and the bird) discuss the correct pronunciation of Audio-Animatronics.

5. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

But that bird did NOT wear a beret did it?

6. Jeff in NY

Jeff in NY Member

no, but everything else is the same. (necktie, coloring, paint on bill, perch)

7. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

heh, maybe it is him.