1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Oscar Nomination for Michael Giacchino

Discussion in 'Archive' started by diegorivera2, Jan 22, 2008.

1. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

Just a note that Michael Giacchino's work for Ratatouille has been nominated for best original score.

Oh, and Menken/Schwartz have three nominations for best song from Enchanted.

2. almandot

almandot Member

And Enchanted got disqualified from best score heh.

3. almandot

almandot Member

And there'd better not be another repeat of last year's Happy Feet beats Cars fiasco. =P

I hope they do something cute for the Happy Working Song performance =D

4. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

Bill - wouldn't you agree lots of folks in Burbank were ticked when Goofy's short failed to earn a nomination for best animated short?

5. rob kilbride

rob kilbride New Member

To get back on topic, I predicted this nomination, along with its nomination for Best Original Screenplay, but was slightly disappointed that my prediction of a best picture nomination didn't come true. I knew however that this was a long shot. I've really enjoyed Giacchino's work so far with Pixar and I love the Ratatouille score. So many styles of music.

6. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

Just a note that Michael Giacchino's work for Ratatouille has won for best original score.

7. markjochems

markjochems Member

The Grammy Award in the category: Best Score Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media