1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

One and only genuine Original Family Band

Discussion in 'Archive' started by X-S Tech, Jul 8, 2004.

1. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Jessica L

Jessica L Member

I already have my copy (came yesterday through Amazon). I've just briefly looked through it, and the picture and sound quality are a little poor but really not that bad (at least in my humble opinion).

I was just glad to have the movie in its entirety without commercials. It's one of my favorite movies and contains a lot of my favorite Sherman Bros. songs (how can you not have Dakota stuck in your head for days afterwards? :) ). I was just glad Disney finally recognized it enough to release it on DVD. Now all we need is the soundtrack....

~Jessica

3. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Though I don't think anyone's said anything, I would place money that it'll be on Wonderland Music, since the album has been out before.

4. Michael Zielski

Michael Zielski Member

I have the soundtrack album on LP--I don't think it's ever been on CD, am I right? X-S seemed to imply that it was, as some of the Wonderland releases have also been re-releases of CD material--or maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Michael

5. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Well no I meant that most of the Wonderland releases were previously released LP's.

6. Michael Zielski

Michael Zielski Member

Thanks--yet another title to add to the Wonderland wish list......

Michael

7. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

I had the LP several years ago and I think I had transferred it to audiotape (back when The Collection was only about 100 CDs, I had them ALL transferred to audiotape...CD burners weren't around yet ). Would be nice to get it, and The Happiest Millionaire (and Song of the South and....) on CD.

-Sharon-

8. Jessica L

Jessica L Member

Bill I totally agree with you -- even though I really love The Happiest Millionaire and tend to say it's my favorite movie, I really do like some, if not most, of the songs in Family Band better. It's really hard to say which one I enjoy more. You can't beat "Fortuosity" - but that darn "Dakota" will get you everytime! :)

~Jessica

9. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Sharon you know Millionaire was on CD in 2002 right?

10. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

Shut up Bill .

Actually....NO, I didn't know that?!?!?!

No wait...I just checked. Yes, I do have it. Like I have ANY clue of what I have. Duh. I'll shut up now. Shut up Bill.

Does anyone know where I can find The Happiest Millionaire in Lithuanian? Shut up Bill.

-Sharon-

11. musicrazy

musicrazy Member

One and Onle Genuine Original Family Band sounds even better and more polished on the Disneyland Records label with a group of uncredited disney studio singers.

12. disneyboy

disneyboy New Member

"West o' the Wide Missouri" plays in the BIG THUNDER Q.