1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Oh What a Merry Christmas Day

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MenkenMcKeeFan, Oct 5, 2006.

1. MenkenMcKeeFan

MenkenMcKeeFan Member

Does anybody know how to get a hold of "Oh What a Merry Christmas Day" from Mickey's Christmas Carol? This song is such a great holiday song! I randomly watched the movie tonight and really loved it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I guess I could wait till Nov. 7th and see if it is on iTunes. I just hate waiting.

2. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

There was a read along Cassette and Book a few years ago. I believe the song was on that cassette. Mine's unopened and packed away but I know it was listed with the musical credits, though for all I know it's only a bit of the song with narration over it- Not sure but someplace to start :)

3. almandot

almandot Member

I bought the cheap christmas DVD that had Mickey's Christmas Carol on it and ripped the audio from the opening.

4. Greg Ehrbar

Greg Ehrbar Member

"O What a Merry Christmas Day," written by Irwin Kostal (conductor of Mary Poppins and many others) and Frederick Searle, appeared on the Disneyland Storyteller LP version of MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL, which was a re-edited version of the 1974 "Dickens Christmas Carol" LP (but that album did not include this song).

It was also on at least one Christmas CD compilation, a Time-Life 2-Disc set called The Disney Christmas Collection, and may have popped up again on later CDs. One little thing -- the song's record version comes from the sound track, but does not include the orchestral fanfare you heard in the movie.