O/T WDW went from $1.5 billion to 100 million!

They said since, they lost so much this year, they will advertise more (like mission:space). Honestly did they ever think instead of rising prices every year, they should drop prices!!

SharonKurland

It's not just a matter of dropping prices. It's a matter of fixing old things and not cheapening the new stuff so it's not worth visiting. To get money in, you gotta put money out. And the suits have no interest in that, because their goals are short-term, not long-term.

-Sharon-

SharonKurland

Bill-

I'm usually VERY much a Pollyanna type of person. So I'm sorry, but it's just getting harder and harder to see the remaining good, when it's surrounded by so much bad.

-Sharon-

Dirk

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

instead of advertising more they maybe should just improve their guest relations handling?

I wanted to stay in a Disney hotel for my recent trip and contacted WDW by phone and e-mail with the request for a WDW-vacation-planing DVD and / or vacation-planing-material so that I could place a reservation. Unfortunately they were unable to provide me with any material at all because I live in Germany. Instead they told me to either book directly by phone without any additional information besides the bits that are only or to contact a German travel agent, which in turn don't have more than what is online already anyway.

This did not only happen to me but to other Disney-fans from Europe too (the exception is the UK to where they provide material through a local subsidiary).

Result: several fans I do know did not travel to WDW but Disneyland Anaheim, because they send you their brochures upon request also to Europe - or did not travel at all.

I personally? Well, I did stay in one of the hotels on Disney Hotel Plaza Blvd. That's a lot cheaper, very convenient and they help you if you ask for information....

Yours
Dirk