• The Throne Room*
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
  • Lights, Motor, Action
  • You've Got a Friend in Me*
  • Hot Potato*
  • It's Tough To Be a Bug
  • CTX Theme
* New Track

Help support Magic Music by ordering your copies today!

schnebs

Huzzah! And considering it's been five years since the last OAs, it's about time. If someone could post the SKUs for those of us who'll have to order them through WDW Merchadise Phone Order, it'd be much appreciated.

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that some version of the World of Color soundtrack didn't make it on to the Disneyland OA. Anyone have any idea where "The Throne Room" and "The Cleaner" are from? I'm guessing the former's from Captain EO; no clue on the latter.

Huzzah! And considering it's been five years since the last OAs, it's about time. If someone could post the SKUs for those of us who'll have to order them through WDW Merchadise Phone Order, it'd be much appreciated.

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that some version of the World of Color soundtrack didn't make it on to the Disneyland OA. Anyone have any idea where "The Throne Room" and "The Cleaner" are from? I'm guessing the former's from Captain EO; no clue on the latter.

"The Throne Room" may also be a track from the Star Wars soundtracks (so, representing Star Tours, where the on-ride portion just uses edits of the original soundtracks for underscore).

"The Cleaner" might be from Toy Story 2, as a song that was originally used for the Bay Area of DCA. Though, that area doesn't play its own music anymore, so would be an odd addition to a new soundtrack. Hopefully is a new arrangement from the Midway Mania queue, vs. the old version.

The Trout

Throne Room is definitely Star Tours. Possibly the old exit music, but more probably the muzak version heard in the queue.

cm

So - I guess this is asking the obvious, but with all the talk of 7/30 release, I guess that never occurred? I checked World of Disney and Once Upon a Toy at WDW today and neither had it nor heard of it. Got home to find the blog post saying 8/20 release.

It's just a bit odd to me that everything said 7/30, and ON 7/30 is when they make the blog post about the albums? So I'm guessing no one actually found it today on either coast?

Club 33

Playlist Author
Well it definitely wasn't on sale today- in addition to WoD and Once Upon a Toy, I also checked the Emporium, Star Traders, and MouseGear. I also asked Merchandise Guest Services to check, and the new CDs aren't in the system yet (always good to check with them, as they can actually pull up which stores have any given item and how many are left).

It certainly seems auspicious that the July 30th date has been floating around for weeks, and then on July 30th they make an official announcement that the albums are being released in 2 weeks. Perhaps the release got moved at the last minute for some reason?

cm

It certainly seems auspicious that the July 30th date has been floating around for weeks, and then on July 30th they make an official announcement that the albums are being released in 2 weeks. Perhaps the release got moved at the last minute for some reason?

Not to nitpick, but three weeks! #feelingimpatient

What's funny is - while I'm not particularly complaining about the content of the albums one way or the other, I'm eager to get it, yet it doesn't even have a single of my collecting holy grails on it. Oh well - after five years, I guess I've adopted a "beggars can't be choosers" mindset for park music.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Sorry, guys. I received communication from Randy Thornton stating July 30, but it looks like they've now pushed it back to August 20. I've updated the title/thread. Cover art coming just as soon as I get the Gallery repaired.

schnebs

What's funny is - while I'm not particularly complaining about the content of the albums one way or the other, I'm eager to get it, yet it doesn't even have a single of my collecting holy grails on it. Oh well - after five years, I guess I've adopted a "beggars can't be choosers" mindset for park music.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
For those of you unable to make it to the parks, the Parks Blog indicates the OAs will also be available via the Disney Music website. (Yeah, I know, the downloads are going to be poorer sound quality than a CD, but again, beggars can't be choosers...)

Randy also told me that the Official Albums will be available via the iTunes Music Store.

The Trout

That'd actually be perfect: hardcores can cherry-pick only the new tracks!

stevek

Randy also told me that the Official Albums will be available via the iTunes Music Store.

Any chance you could ask him if they will be pressed and available for the D23 Expo staring 8/9? What a missed opportunity to sell lots of these if they aren't.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
After three days of troubleshooting, the Gallery is working again, and I've uploaded the cover art. :)

As for Disney having CDs available for purchase at the D23 Expo, my guess is "yes," and that is no doubt why the release date has been changed from July 30 to August 20. Whatever it takes to make D23 members feel special. :p

monorail91

As for Disney having CDs available for purchase at the D23 Expo, my guess is "yes," and that is no doubt why the release date has been changed from July 30 to August 20. Whatever it takes to make D23 members feel special. :p

It's a smart way to get that $50 from me now rather than later!

This is going to be a very expensive weekend for me! ...Haha

stevek

cm said:
Does anyone know if either new Official Album did in fact go on sale at D23 today?
The CD's did not go on sale. They were not in the Dream Store and I asked the managers of the Disney Store as well. They knew exactly what I was looking for and confirmed they were not selling them.

cm

stevek said:
The CD's did not go on sale. They were not in the Dream Store and I asked the managers of the Disney Store as well. They knew exactly what I was looking for and confirmed they were not selling them.
Thanks for the update. Now I can let my friend attending know he doesn't need to stress getting to the store if he's short on time today! :)

monorail91

I was kinda bummed the CDs weren't at D23 but that's one less line I had to wait in haha. The events themselves were awesome but the lines were crazy!