1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Henry Mancini Album...

Discussion in 'Archive' started by jive2keys, Apr 28, 2004.

1. jive2keys

jive2keys New Member

There's a GREAT new album out called Ultimate Mancini... All of the legends most amazing works, performed by Monica Mancini, Stevie Wonder, Take 6, and more. Anyone have this album yet?

here' s link to preview it if you haven't heard any of it yet...http://www2.fanscape.com/ultimatemancini/player/

2. chris

chris Member

[attachment deleted by admin]

3. Michael Zielski

Michael Zielski Member

Since we're on Henry Mancini, here's a question I wonder if anyone knows the answer to:

Why was The Great Mouse Detective soundtrack(Mancini's wonderful score) released on Varese Sarabande, and not Walt Disney Records? I don't remember how I stumbled on the CD a few years ago on amazon, and have always wondered why it wasn't a Disney release.......interesting musical politics???

Mike

4. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

I'm not sure what the deal was with that, but it wasn't the first. "The Black Cauldron" was also released by Varese. I'm sure there's a reason, but I have no idea what it is.

5. Michael Zielski

Michael Zielski Member

Right, Ben--but I just have the Black Cauldron release on vinyl; I don't THINK it was released on CD subsequently by Varese--am I right?

Mike

6. atomobile

atomobile Member

The Black Cauldron CD

Yes, the Black Cauldron WAS released on CD. It was a very limited release since CDs weren't that popular at that time yet. It is the same as the LP (actually a re-recording of the score with the exception of maybe the finale which I think is the same as the actual soundtrack) and has the artwork that the cassette was missing. I have seen (and own) the LP, cassette, and CD. I also have a bootleg CD that contains the entire actual movie score. I bought it on eBay for a big amount of $$$. Is is of high quality. The actual movie soundtrack is an odd listening experience since it consists of something like 33 short pieces of music totaling an hour and 13 minutes. I guess that is why they re-recorded the soundtrack to be longer pieces of music (such as the official soudntrack released).

Your friend,
    Louis Gonzalez

7. jive2keys

jive2keys New Member

hmmm... any other opinions on Ultimate Mancini?...

I also got the new Mancini stamps. I love them.