New Film Uses Illuminations Music

mmmfan

New film uses "Illuminations" music

Disney has produced a short film to welcome visitors to America. It uses Greenaway's score from Illuminations-Reflections of Earth. It is a brand new arrangement. Anyone know how to remove the audio and make an mp3 of this music. It really sounds great. Here's the link:

http://travel.state.gov/vids/disney/320x240_700/us_parks.swf

Disney Audiophile

Re: New film uses "Illuminations" music

Love it...

cschurr

yes, but sounded the same quality as the picture, fuzzy-like, I would love a good recording of it!

Thanks so much for this video. This "Welcome" video was produced for Disney by the US government, but it doesn't have Tinkerbell flying. This was the first time since Disney produced a series films for the Treasury Department during World War 2 like "The New Spirit" and "The Spirit of '43" with Donald Duck.

Joevn

Was anyone able to play it without the music stuttering?

If you go to the main page of that website (http://travel.state.gov/) and click on the Windows Media Player Version, it should pop up in Windows Media Player at which point you can save the movie file and play it offline without stuttering.

Dr. Know

Too bad the sound stinks! If this movie was available somehow on DVD, we could at least extract a cd-quality version of this arrangement.

Does anyone else find it odd that the State Department decided to use a shot of Horseshoe Falls, which is on the Canadian side of the border?

Gurgitoy2

Does anyone else find it odd that the State Department decided to use a shot of Horseshoe Falls, which is on the Canadian side of the border?
No, because the horeshoe falls is prettier!  I've been to both, and it's really shameful that the American side is so...crappy.  I'm not talking about the actual falls either...because you can't really "fix" that.  I mean the grounds around the falls, and the surrounding seedy attractions.  The Canadian side has some cheesy attractions too, but as a whole, it's a LOT more charming and European looking.  They obviously care about landscaping and charm.  I'm really not surprised the State department did that...

But, it's the US State Department, right? Did we annex Canada?

x-imagineer

Ok, this is a weird one. I just returned from Europe (yes, Disneyland Paris) and my point of entry into the US was at Chicago O' Hare. Imagine my surprise when I was standing in line for re-entry customs/passport control and there's a little video playing on plasma screens over my head (images of happy Americans in fields, junk like that)...with the Reflections of Earth music playing in it! They played most of the song, it was so bizarre. I thought my iPhone had accidentally starting playing the song in my pocket, but when I pulled it out and realized that it was off I figured out that it was coming from the overhead screens. I confirmed it, so this is an official spotting of music outside the parks. I wonder if they have usage rights.

Really bizarre, right?