1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

New CD Info

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Aurora, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Aurora

Aurora New Member

Thanks to all of you for your helpful information in the past.

I just wanted to make sure that all of you were aware of the new Disney Princess: The Ultimate Song Collection CD. I am sure that many of you already have most of the songs but there is a new track called -- If You Can Dream. It has the vocal talents of Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O'Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas), Lea Salonga (Jasmine & Mulan singing voices).

Most importantly -- the album was mastered by Randy Thornton!! :D

2. Dirk

Dirk Member

... any connection between the song "If You Can Dream" and any specific soundtrack / project ... or just a pop-song recorded without any connection?? With the line-up of Disney Princesses it sounds like a song for a theme park show or a tv-project maybe.

3. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

Apperently, it's a song written for the new Princess series of DVD's that was just released. It's a pop song that incorporates all of the "princesses" and really isn't more than a marketing tool.

4. Dirk

Dirk Member

... a marketing tool that most propably will work as far as I am concerned ... the CD is already on my "to order"-list and that only due to this one new song. All I can say is: thank you to MP3. In the past I would have skipped on a CD like that, because princess related Disney pop songs without any realy movie, show or theme park connection is not an area where I strife for a complete collection of Disney CDs - and with just one new interesting song and all the usual Princess songs it would have been a CD I would have never listened to. But with MP3 I just know that I will get the CD, rip the one new song from it and add it to my Disney playlist so that it pops up now and then ... while still a very (most propably too expensive) song I can somehow justify buying the CD to myself that way.

Yours
    Dirk