New BGM WDW Tomorrowland

X-S Tech

Not sure about the composers but here's a playlist I came up with. Since the music is so synth-y it's hard to tell if some of those unknowns are familiar tunes in unfamiliar arrangements.

New Theme
Miracles from Molecules
Unknown
Strange Things (from Toy Story)
Unknown
Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Unknown
Best Time of Your Life
Unknown
If you had wings
Unknown

jedigirl99

Is there anyway to get a hold of the Miracles From Molecules version now being played? I also think that the 3rd song is also the same.

jedigirl99

epcotfan

I don't know who composed the variations of those songs, but the track order seems right. Very relaxing to listen to. :)

X-S Tech

Mmmmmm..... I don't hear the Sieze the future theme. Though it does sound like some of the same synth-instruments were used. But no clear theme that I can hear. At one point there's a theme which reminds me of Horizons but then it goes off into something else.

jedigirl99

Someone was kind enough to get me the opportunity to listen to the Miracles From Molecules part of the loop and I have to admit, it is very relaxing to listen to. Not really much like the singing part. It remotely reminds me of the music one hears outside of The Living Seas which I have been trying to get forever to no avail. I don't really have the guts to try recording music over there. Didn't the Sherman Brothers compose MFM? I think the synth versions do much better over there in Tormorrowland.

dtats

So, has anyone been able to capture this loop yet? While at the MK recently, I really enjoyed hearing bits and pieces of the new loop--especially hearing "If you had Wings" and the COP pieces, and yes, I thought I did hear a bit of "Sieze the future," too, but with all the background noise surrounding me, it was very hard to identify exactly. Plus, I was only armed with my Hi-8 camcorder, and the audio I picked up is choppy and unclear at best.

sds910

Audio was captured successfully many many months ago; beautiful hi-fidelity mono. Should be circulating in the usual locales...

S.

jedigirl99

I'll tell you the best spot to listen to the music is at the TomorrowLand outdoor Terrace. If you go during the weekday, usually on a Tuesday, before they open for lunch, it is just very relaxing to sit there, watch the birds and listen to the stretch of music. Unfortunately, they have that loud spectacle in front of the castle every 15 mins which is annoying to say the least. Also, at non busy times early in the am, sit over there right by the speakers in front of the race track and you get a good sound at that area too.

I still wish I could get my hands on some of the Living Seas music.

I downloaded the Miracles From Molecules from WDWBGM@yahoo.com in case anyone wants to listen to it. It will probably be there for about another week.
R

jedigirl99

What are the usual locales? I tried to get a broadband radio system going with my pc, but my speed is way too slow to handle it. Is there any way of getting it uploaded at the yahoo site?

R

radioandy

I got it from one of those usual places...the alt.binaries.multimedia.disney site.
The loop is about 40 minutes if I remember right. There's a Disney FTP I have bookmarked, and I'll try and post it there and post the link here. You guys probably already know where it is!
In the meantime, I've put three edited segments (about 7 minutes each) on Radio Buena Vista at Live365.com. They're playing in the "Celebrate the Future" show.

I THINK that last "unknown" segment of the loop uses elements of the Spaceship Earth theme. It sounds to me like the "Space" segment heard while at the top of the ride.

jedigirl99

I listened to those. Thanks, but the music I am looking for is from The Living Seas when you walk in and sit down in the room, I don't know what the room is called, but it is when they have the clock showing the 3 mins before the show and the wave lights are playing up on the walls. That is the music I am looking for. If anyone knows where I can find it, elsewhere from the radio band sites (my pc can't handle it) I'd love to know! Thanks for all the help so far, it is greatly appreciated.

jedigirl99

dtats

So, regarding the new Tomorrowland loop, I was finally able to acquire a copy of this loop, and it is in very good quality mono, as mentioned previously. The loop I acquired timed in at 39:31.

After listening to it several times over, I decided to take my own stab at identifying the separate tracks that make up this piece.

Although my list came out very similar to X-S', I arrived at 13 different tracks vice 11 (note: I believe that there are actually 14 tracks on this particular loop, but I think the 14th track is a repeat of the first track, so I'm ommitting it from my track list)...

After taking out track 14, here's what I came up with:
01) Miracles From Molecules 2:44
02) *Unknown* 4:20
03) Strange Things 2:49
04) *Unknown* 2:35
05) *Unknown* 2:58
06 *Unknown* 3:06
07) Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow 2:36
08) *Unknown* 2:36
09) Now Is The Time 2:05
10) *Unknown* 3:27
11) If You Had Wings 2:15
12) *Unknown* 2:37
13) *Unknown* 2:32

Total Time: 36:40**

** - This time reflects the total loop time based upon my edits to this loop. Adding the 14th track brought my awful close to the 39:31 time of the original loop.

So, I'm thinking, the tracks we've already identified all represent currrent and former Tomorrowland attractions... could the unknown tracks also be drawn from this group, too? I'm trying to look for clues in the others, but I'm not having much luck.

And, I want to add that after listening to THIS loop, I have not heard a direct reference to Alien Encounter, as I thought I had when hearing the loop live at WDW recently (perhaps it was due to that salty alien leg I devoured just before hearing it), however, I do think that track #6 has some definite Alien Encounter overtones in it, so perhaps that was enough for my mind to do the rest for me.

Anyone have the scoop on these mystery tunes here, and, is this curculating loop the new loop in it's entirety?

- Mike

X-S Tech

Since Alien Encounter is gone, soon to be replaced by Stitch has anyone listened to the loop with an ear for Elvis tunes? Or even just some of the melody's of the Lilo and Stitch Underscore? Just a thought.

I wouldn't be surprised if the unknown tracks are just that. It's not uncommon for a loop such as this to be made up of not only familiar tunes, but also new "bridging" music.

dtats

Since Alien Encounter is gone, soon to be replaced by Stitch has anyone listened to the loop with an ear for Elvis tunes? Or even just some of the melody's of the Lilo and Stitch Underscore? Just a thought.

Very interesting thought. I suppose it would make sense, too, with the coming "stitch" encounter. It's funny, I was thinking of music from the past--ala "Go Go Goodyear, Wedway music, etc.--not the possible future. But after all, it IS Tomorrowland we're talking about here! ;)

radioandy

I went back and listened to the "Space" sequence of Spaceship Earth, and the melody is the same as what I believe we're calling track 13.
I agree that many unknown tracks are just bridge music. The "track" between "Great Big..." and "Now is the Time" is a good example. I think this original bridge music includes the theme that sounds much like the X-S theme, perhaps intentionally?

etnlnight

Is there anyway I could download the entire 40 minute loop? I used to work at Space Mounatin in WDW and hearing that area loop would mean a lot to me. Brings back lots of fond memories. Thanx