1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Nautilus Sound Effects

Discussion in 'Archive' started by X-S Tech, May 26, 2003.

1. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Can anyone tell me if they used the same sound or at least elements of the same sound for the Nautilus's Engine Hum that they used for the Rocket to the Moon Rocket Sounds. The track labeled Rocket sounds on the Forever system sounds like the Nautilus with a few extra elements layered over it. Just curious.

2. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Well actually my nautilus hum is Thrumming. Is yours Vacillating? ;)

3. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

And of course the reused sfx that I always noticed...."The uncertain canine". That halting whimper that Andrew in Mary Poppins does when he cocks his head, reused in Pirates and the dog guarding the Jail cell, and several other films which I can't remember at the moment. What a great sound that would be to assign to an action on my PC! Hmmmmm

4. s8ntmark

s8ntmark Member

Also XS, I think they used the Nautilus sound for part of the Submarine Voyage.

I guess they figuered it was appropiate...

Speaking of reusing the Goofy scream...I think a good goofy scream would have worked when Nemo got pulled off the Nautilus during the Squid fight...Im just sayin'

Mark

5. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

You would, Mark.....

6. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Member

The Goofy scream is to be referred to as "The Goofy Wilhelm" from now on. ;)