1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

More TDSeas CD's Please

Discussion in 'Archive' started by X-S Tech, Jun 27, 2002.

1. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

I just got the new Mermaid Lagoon Music Album and love it. This film had some of the most beautiful music anyway, and to have the melodies augmented by the great John Debney, compiled onto one disc, is more than we in the States can usually hope for... Do I dare ask? ...Has anyone heard of the possibility of other Discs devoted to whole "ports" from TDS? My top picks, just in case anyone out there has this planned but doesn't know which to release next, would be Mysterious Island, followed by Arabian Coast (but only if it included Sinbad, otherwise don't bother). Thanks for a great CD!

2. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

I agree totally! I really hope that they release a CD for each port. I agree with you about Arabian Coast too. I would also love to see American Waterfront with Encore, which hasn't been on any of the CD's yet.

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

Could you post a track list, and indicate which tracks include vocal music and which tracks (if any) are orchestral?

I'm very intrigued...

Thanks

4. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Here's the track listing for The Mermaid Lagoon Music Album:
    Title: Mermaid Lagoon Music Album
    Price: 2,000yen (US$15.49)
    Catalog Number: AVCW-12283

1. Mermaid Lagoon Overture
    2. Mermaid Lagoon Theater (this is the only track with vocals)
    Part of Your World
    Poor Unfortunate Souls
    Under the Sea
    3.Deepwater BGM
    4. Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster BGM
    5. Scuttle's Scooters BGM
    6. Kiss de Girl Fashions BGM
    7. Sebastian's Calypso Kitchen BGM
    8. Galleon Graveyard BGM
    9. Ariel's Grotto BGM
    10. Ursula's Dungeon BGM
    11. Kelp Forest BGM
    12. Entrance Fanfares

The rest of the tracks are all arrangements of the films songs or score, with a few bits of totally new music, but very in the vein of the original stuff. I think the real "gem" is track #8 Galleon Graveyard. It's "Fathoms Below" and "Tour of the Kingdom" arranged in a very forlorn, haunting way. Very creepy, especially considering what light bouncy tunes these both were in the film.

5. JoeInJpn

JoeInJpn Member

"Galleon Graveyard" is a very dark section of the "Mermaid Lagoon" attraction "Ariel's Playground". It's actually kind of creepy being inside the sunken ship.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com