Main Street, U.S.A. Area Music [2012]

DavidG

Well, it looks like the new loop has been added to DLP! According to French forum posts, they're currently using the new loop in the morning and are keeping the old PM loop in the afternoon.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Rats! More recording to do in August then! (I'll have to check it really is the same loop).
Just when you think it's safe to go in the water....................

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Of course, DLRP have adopted the new loop now but only for the morning loop (DLRP has different morning and afternoon loops) and have retained (for the moment) the afternoon one - which was very similar to the old morning one anyway. It'll be interesting to compare both loops.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
You have my sympathy.
Seriously, if we weren't used to the old one, I doubt we'd complain. By the end of my short stay I was used to it although the difference between morning and afternoon was noticeable. I wonder if that means the afternoon will get changed too in due course.

Paul

Any information on which tracks were kept? I know a couple have been identified in this thread.

If referring to the new loop, while certain songs selected are the same as on the older loops... the recording itself is an entirely new arrangement and performance.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Yikes! Forgotten to update the blog with the new loop, sorry about that, I'll get right on to it as it's the same one they use for the DLRP AM loop.
Yes, forget about which they retained, none of the original tracks have been kept, only some of the titles.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
This is what we have as the new loop (remember, none of the old tracks were retained, these are all new recordings by Dean Mora)

Maple Leaf Rag
Married Life (from “Up”)
Let Me Call You Sweetheart
Surrey With the Fringe On Top
Oh, You Beautiful Doll
Old Timers Waltz Medley
Put on Your Old Grey Bonnet
And the Band Played On
Alexander’s Ragtime Band
Before the Parade Passes By
Goodbye, My Coney Island Baby
Dearie
Delerium Tremens Rag
Hello, Ma Baby
By the Light of the Silvery Moon
It’s a Long Way To Tipperary
In the Good Old Summertime
Fortuosity
Oh! You Drummer
Sidewalks of New York
There’ll Be a Hot Time In the Old Town Tonight
Wait ‘Till the Sun Shine Nellie
Meet Me in St. Louis
Elegance
Kansas City
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Wells Fargo Wagon
Put On Your Sunday Clothes (from “Hello Dolly!”)

burail1

I think the version "Maple Leaf Rag" just the album "Scott Joplin: The Red Back Book / Elite Syncopations"

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Read the first item in this thread.
All the recordings were made by Dean Mora especially for this loop and it is an in-house Disney recording. There are no source albums and no tracks have been released commercially.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Magicmusic doesn't do or advocate downloading copyright music, so no, not from here.
It was certainly posted on several Disney Park sites - see Tannerman's earlier post (expired link) so you'll have to look around.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Search the dlrptoday site for "hello Dolly" for more information. They stream the live loop. I thin that's permitted to say. If not Jay will remove it :)

eabiggins

I didn't know if everyone was aware, but I was just at WDW and was surprised to hear that Main Street is now using the new loop that was introduced in Disneyland last year. Very nice.