Live 365 question

Hi all

I was checking out live 365 today and noticed that all the channels I checked out now have commercials. Not just commercials for live365 but for other companies. Are all live 365 like that now? Kinda depressing

www.stevesfunlinks.com

Tannerman

My guess is that Live365 is still trying to figure out how to make decent money... like so many other once free dot-coms out there.

G

Greg

I noticed this too; bummer. Not really surprising, though, since streaming audio takes up huge amounts of bandwidth, and not everyone uses the live365 real audio-based player with the banner ads on it.

Zarpman

Live365.com has added advertisements to all of their free and low-paying members' broadcasts. The large "Gold" accounts I think are exempt.

-Zarp

Tannerman

How long do you think before Live365 closes shop? They can't be pulling in much from premium accounts yet...

SharonKurland

Hehehehe...just for the hell of it, I went back to the first 1 or 2 pages here and found this thread.

Funny that, 3.5 years later, not only is Live 365 still around, but that Satellite has bypassed it.

I sure do miss a lot of the people who were writing on a continual basis back then.

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

Jestyr

Is anyone else having trouble with the playlists on live365? I no longer get the playlist showing when I listen. I've tried reloading the player, changing it to my default MP3 player...nothing gets the playlist to load anymore...

Any suggestions?

This is a dumb question, but are you trying to play the station at work or at home? Most work-based networks block the ports that will let Live365 send that kind of information.

Check your security settings, and make sure you have Java turned on (Java VM machine, or just go download Java itself).

Jestyr

This is a dumb question, but are you trying to play the station at work or at home? Most work-based networks block the ports that will let Live365 send that kind of information.

Check your security settings, and make sure you have Java turned on (Java VM machine, or just go download Java itself).

Not a dumb question, Chris, and I thank you for your help. I've been accessing Live365 at work for several years now and while we do have a firewall, I hadn't come across this problem with the playlist until the recent redesign of the media player window. As you may know, it's much bigger now and contains a large side bar for advertisements. Since that change, I've had problems viewing the playlist. I have double checked my Java settings and they are all active. (I know should really be asking Live365 about this issue but their customer sevice area is baffling)

Do you have any anti-advertisement software running? Even things as innocent as Norton can prevent things like this from being displayed because it accompanies advertising (which, while your work may not be blocking Live365, it MAY be blocking the ad content).

One such occurance on my own website was that a large group of people could never access the 'adventureland' portion of the website. I couldn't figure it out for months and finally, I realized the folder for adventureland was named 'adv' and somehow Norton was blocking it, thinking it was an advertisement!

So yes, stranger things have happened...

Jestyr

Wow. Good call! I bet that's what it is. Since we are all hooked into a single server here in my department at Disney, we are subject to whatever ad blocker software is being run by our IS department. They continue to 'refine' thier internet SPAM solutions, so that may be why this came up without warning. It's too bad - I can't tell what's playing at any given time, but I suppose its enough just to be able to hear these cool broadcasts.

Thanks, Chris!

torg0

I know with the Radio365 player, it screen goes blank, and if you right click (pc) the screen area, I can "synchronize display" and it works!

Mike

Jestyr

I know with the Radio365 player, it screen goes blank, and if you right click (pc) the screen area, I can "synchronize display" and it works!

Mike

Problem solved! I downloaded the Radio365 player and it works perfectly - shows me all the info about every track. Only trouble is the temporary nature of the trial version. I guess I'll just have to keep downloading the player!

Thank you very much for the suggestion, Mike!
Jesse