1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Lights of Winter "Lights On" Theme

Discussion in 'Archive' started by WishesFan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. WishesFan

WishesFan Member

Hello, everyone!
    Does anyone know where I can find a recording of the "Lights On" theme from "The Lights of Winter"? I've heard the version at Sound of Magic, but they splice in "When You Wish" from "Kiss Goodnight" and therefore, take out the end. Thanks so much for your help... and happy Turkey day! :D
    -Rick

2. plutogoodboy

plutogoodboy Member

Rick (or anyone),

What is meant by the "Lights On" theme? Doesn't the Lights of Winter loop begin with a Christmas medley right after the Tree Lighting Ceremony ends?

3. WishesFan

WishesFan Member

Oh, sorry about that!. :) I meant the song from the tree lighting ceremony. I have a video of the ceremony and for the lights on part, it starts with the same tree lighting piece from DLP (the one from the sound of magic site), and the Voices of Liberty chime in with some "OO's" and "AHH's" at the end. It's also the same song from the end of this years "Twinkle Holiday Moment" at TDL. Here's the clip from the sound of magic site... minus the ending, this version cuts to "When You Wish."
    http://www.magicsparks.com/dlp/xmas/Xmastree%20Ceremony.mp3

Thanks so much for your help!
    -Rick

4. mmmfan

mmmfan Member

This music actually comes from a movie score.It's part of the main title from "The Adventures of Huck Finn" by Bill Conti.I found this out just by chance when listening to a collection of various soundtrack selections.
    Hi Rick.-Please check your e-mail. :)

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

Fascinating reuse of one of Conti's worst scores! It sounds like additional percussion effects have been added to the original soundtrack recording -- I don't remember all those tinkling bells.