"Kiss Goodnight"

WishesFan

I just learned of this song, "Kiss Goodnight" and I hear it was quite moving. Was a recording ever released? Does anyone have a recording in ANY form? I would even except it through a cell phone! : ) Anyway, please let me know. From what I have heard, I would love it. Thanks for your help and have a great day.

-Rick

X-S Tech

Can you tell us which arm of the company this song originates (film, television, theme parks, etc...)?

Zarpman

I believe he's referring to the Magic Kingdom closing announcement, which features a small light show on the castle to the tune of When You Wish Upon a Star. The track has never been released. I have yet to see a decent recording floating around the 'net...

WishesFan

Yes, the one from Magic Kingdom. I would love to find the good recording, but a live version would be fine for now. I'm just dying to hear it! Thanks guys.

-Rick

boo52m

The kiss goodnight song ending sounds like a rip from the Telarc CD A Disney Spectacular that was released in 1989. The last track on the CD is called Disney Fantasy Medley. And the ending is the same as the kiss goodnight music. I'm not saying that it is, but it sure sounds close.

xfkirsten

Yup, the Kiss Goodnight starts with part of the Fantasyland Castle Medley, and ends with the last minute of the track mentioned by boo52m. I've seen a live recording of the Kiss Goonight floating around, but unfortunately no quality copies of it. :(

-Kirsten

WishesFan

Could somebody PLEASE send me a live (or real) version of this song so I can stop wondering how great it really is? : )

Thanks guys!

-Rick

Paul

After 40 years of going to WDW I was finally able to see the Kiss Goodnight and record it. I reocognized the beginning but thank you for the source for the end.

Fantasyland Castle Medley (Official Album DL/WDW 1997): 0:00 - 0:51 and 3:07 - 4:10, then Disney Fantasy Medley (A Disney Spectacular): ~12:38 - end!