1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Just the Music CD?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by micca, Nov 28, 2003.

1. micca

micca Member

Last month at DLR I picked up a cd called "Just The Music Volume 2". It's all instrumental versions of mostly more recent(last 15 years) Disney movies. CM's didn't ever seem to remember seeing Volume 1, and I couldn't find it. Any knowledge of this title?

2. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

Micca-

I searched around and found this little bit of information:

Vol. 1-Disney-Just the Music
    Label: Uni/Northsound - #64035
    Audio CD (September 30, 1998)
    ASIN: B00005N8MM
    Other Editions:
    Average Customer Review:
    Amazon.com Sales Rank: 176,001

And that's IT . Wish I could be more helpful. I'm surprised that I don't have either one of them??? That's not like me .

-Sharon-

3. hfink

hfink Member

I picked up Volume 1 of Just the Music at Disneyland's 20th Century Music Company for $16.98 back on December 8, 2001. The CD is manufactured and distributed by NorthSound Music Group and has a copyright date of 2000. Some more info:

Catalog Number: NSCD 40352
    UPC: 718236403525

[​IMG]

The back cover also mentions www.northsoundmusic.com but, unfortunately, there is no site at that location now. :(

Here's the track listing:

1. When You Wish Upon a Star
    2. Beauty and the Beast
    3. Reflection
    4. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
    5. When She Loved Me
    6. Part of Your World
    7. Just Around the Riverbend
    8. You'll Be in My Heart
    9. What Child Is This?
    10. Once Upon a Dream
    11. Hero of the Story
    12. A Gift to You
    13. If I Never Knew You

Henry Fink

4. SharonKurland

Y'know, now that I see the cover, I KNOW I have this CD. But I have looked through my collection (500+ CDs) not once, not twice, but THREE times and beats the heck out of me if I can find it?????

Wish I could've been more helpful and glad Henry was able to answer the big mystery!

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

I have both of these cds in my collection, and would be willing to part with them, if anyone would like to make me an offer.

6. micca

micca Member

Thanks for the replies. After posting I finally listened to the cd and found just a bit of info on Volume One. The music is very similar to the Instrumental Impressions CD.
    I kind of like this stuff because it reminds me of something we might hear in the background around WDW resorts.

7. plutogoodboy

plutogoodboy Member

Could someone post the tracks that appear on Volume 2? I've never come across it.
    Thanks!

8. hfink

hfink Member

Just the Music Vol. 2

Catalog Number: NSCD 40372
    UPC: 718236403723

1. Can You Feel the Love Tonight
    2. A Whole New World
    3. Go the Distance
    4. Colors of the Wind
    5. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
    6. Winnie the Pooh
    7. Under the Sea
    8. What If Hippos Danced Ballet
    9. So This Is Love
    10. I Think I'd Be Perfect For You
    11. Fireworks / Jig
    12. Baby Mine

Henry Fink

9. SharonKurland

AHA!!! I DO have it! It was WAY down in the bottom, left corner of the CD shelves, where there's little light AND a beanbag chair blocking the view.

Get this....I have #1...not so sure about owning #2???

Also did a quick song comparison and there are 5 (of 13) songs on Just The Music Vol 1. that are NOT on either of the 2 Disney Karaoke CD's.

-Sharon-

10. SharonKurland

Bill-

Huh? Wazzat? THREE? Uh....maybe I have all 3....I would THINK I do. Goshdarnit, I gotta get more spotlights on that CD holder shelf thingy...the bottom corners are REALLY hard to see and I've got too many to remember what I have. Plus I've got the 2-dozen or so that aren't unwrapped and categorized yet, never mind put in chronological/gendre order .

Sharon = Epitome of organized chaos .

-Sharon-

11. hfink

hfink Member

There are only two volumes of Just the Music as far as I can tell. There are currently three volumes of "Disney Karaoke" with purple, red, and green covers. Some tracks are nearly identical between the sets (Colors of the Wind) while others are totally different (So This Is Love--which happens to be the same on Just the Music Vol. 2 as on Disney's Instrumental Impressions).

BTW, it took me a while to find my copy of Just the Music Vol. 1. Volume 2 was easy to find (and you'd think they'd be together), but after three searches I finally found it hidden along with a few others. Apparently, these are hard to find even if you own them! :)

Henry Fink

12. SharonKurland

Bill-

I don't think I've actually sat down and listened to any of them but even if had, I woudn't have remembered. But just for the record, in my book, the concepts of "all duplicates of other releases" and "there is no reason to buy them" are not necessarily related .

-Sharon-

13. SharonKurland

Whut? . I don't have a problem. I could stop buying Disney CD's (Disney CD's! Disney CD's! DISNEY CD's!) whenever I want to! ;)

-Sharon-

14. plutogoodboy

plutogoodboy Member

Thanks, HenryFink, for posting the tracks!