1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

It's a Small World at Disneyland Paris

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by BLM07, Apr 13, 2008.

1. BLM07

BLM07 Member

Has there ever been a complete release of IASW from DLP? The mix on Disneyland Resort Paris En Musiqe from 2005 (4:29) is pretty good, and I believe to be the longest I've seen. I'd like to know which and how many languages are used on the ride.

Is the ride's layout the same as the other versions?

2. Dirk

Dirk Member

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

the IASW medley originally released on DLRP's IASW single in 1998 and then rereleased on the 1999 "Une Journ?e ? Disneyland Paris", the 2005 "Disneyland Resort Paris en musique" and also the 15th anniversary CD-set in 2007 is the most complete official release from DLRP of IASW at DLRP at this point.

Regarding the layout: the ride is different from the other versions aroudn the globe, not the latest because it decided to go for the "flooded show building effect", only features one giant room for the whole ride and not several smaller ones. Also the layout is different for the fact that right before the grand finale room there is a "north america" section featuring Canada (ice fishing, ice hockey) as well as the US, complete with the wild, wild west (indians and cowboys), the plains (farmers), the coastline (sailing ship), the Golden Gate bridge, Hollywood (ball room dancers) and NYC (the twin towers).

Yours

Dirk

3. plutogoodboy

plutogoodboy Member

Wow, they still have the twin towers? Not sure how I feel about that. It's a nice tribute to leave them there, but it seems like it would be awfully jarring in the middle of a fun day at Disneyland to come face to face with memories of 9-11. I'm surprised Disney, which usually doesn't care much for reality intruding on its fantasyland, didn't redo that section... The Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building would be just as iconic. (Plus Lady Liberty is a gift from France!)

4. Dirk

Dirk Member

Well, most guests won't even notice the twin towers since they are in the background and you would recognize them as specific skyscrapers only if you look way up to the ceiling and see their upper end. in the normal viewing area of a guests concentrating on teh dolls it is just two skyscrappers in the background.

While I was surprised that they are still in there ever since 9-11 (and so are the fans I have talked to), I have to admit regular guests / first time visitors I talked to or brought to the park never noticed them.

Yours

Dirk

5. disneymagic

disneymagic Member

They also pondered whether it would be disrespectful to take them down. I can see both good and bad, it was a decision made by mainly US execs.

As Dirk says, it isn't too obvious whilst riding.

6. plutogoodboy

plutogoodboy Member

I hope I wasn't implying that the 9-11 tragedy was more painful than other countries' tragedies. I was just surprised that a company whose business it is is to create a fairytale utopia far removed from reality would leave such a jarring reminder of reality. I will be there in a few weeks, and I will be interested to see what it looks like.

Thanks for the info, Dirk!

7. almandot

almandot Member

holy sweet mother of god....

8. Zarpman

Zarpman Member

An attempt to swing this thread back on track:

The Theme Park Sing-Along album contained an over 7 minute mix of "It's a Small World (After All)" from Disneyland (they were using Paris' soundtrack for a while). This was rereleased on CD around the time of Disneyland's 50th.

9. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Bill usually takes things off track...Thanks Bill.

10. angiehashemi

angiehashemi Member

Once again Bill, you have made me laugh out loud sitting in front of my computer. I was thinking something along the same lines.

11. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

Well, it is the 'Stitch and Bitch' of the Disney music world.

12. BLM07

BLM07 Member

So, what languages are used on the ride again? heh

According to Wikipedia there is: Arabic, and for the finale: English, French & German.

13. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

And you can be our "Grande Dame"!

14. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

LOL, yes, that too!

On the topic of DLP's it's a small world, there were also some tracks released on the "Disneyland Forever" system. The music bed, and a few of the isolated tracks like "Spanish Guitar", "Danish drum & bugle corp", "Scottish Bagpipes", etc.