1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Is There a Soundtrack of Cinderella with Brandy?

Discussion in 'Disney on Television' started by rljnunez, Nov 8, 2008.

1. rljnunez

rljnunez New Member

I was thinking about this today, is there a soundtrack to the TV movie Cinderella staring Brandy?

2. cschurr

cschurr Member

I do think so, but literally, two seconds ago I was looking up Lea Salonga on itunes and she did a recording of Cinderella. I lamented the fact that the Brandy version as never been released. Of course, one could always get the songs from the DVD, but then there would be sound effects and poor mixing. I like me some professional put together CDs.

Now if I'm wrong and they HAVE put out a CD of this soundtrack OH HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL where can I find it?!?

Caitlin ;D

3. merlinjones

merlinjones Member

They never issued a soundtrack CD - - likely due to all the recording contract issues/royalties with Brandy and Houston.

Lesley Ann Warren version is better anyway.

4. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

What would be the point of having 2 major recording stars in a musical movie and then not selling the soundtrack? If the reason it was never released was that the recording costs are too high, that means they were too high compared to what the Company projected they would sell in CD's. Pretty sad.

5. rljnunez

rljnunez New Member

I guess I'll have to rip it from the DVD, is the DVD in 5.1? if so I can probably elimiate any sound effects or additional dialog...

6. merlinjones

merlinjones Member

>>What would be the point of having 2 major recording stars in a musical movie and then not selling the soundtrack? If the reason it was never released was that the recording costs are too high, that means they were too high compared to what the Company projected they would sell in CD's. Pretty sad.