1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Monorail at WDW going to be expanded?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by disneyguy2002, Aug 7, 2003.

1. disneyguy2002

disneyguy2002 New Member

Will it be expanded to all park & downtown disney? ???

2. dws warzone

dws warzone Member

I don't see it happening. I did hear a rumor, that it would be expanded, except you would have to PAY A FEE everytime you would ride it.

3. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

Expansion of the Monorail to MGM and DAK has been a rumor that goes as far back as 1989, when MGM opened . To try to add DTD to the pot? Never.

Right now, Disney is all about cutting costs, saving money and making money. To expand the monorail would cost millions and millions and millions of dollars. Why do that when buses work just as well if not better? They can spend the millions on building more souvenier shops .

-Sharon-

4. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

Uh not trying to be rude here but what exactly does this topic have to do w/ music???

5. theEpiphany

theEpiphany Member

If you have to ask then I'm going to have to start worrying about your common sense. ::)

-D

6. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

Maybe he was hoping WDW would install a music loop inside the trains like they have on the Tokyo Disney Resort Line?

7. SharonKurland

I don't know about YOU danny, but the term "por favor mantengase allejado de las puertas" is music to MY ears! .

-Sharon-

8. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

oh you betcha Sharon! a ride on the WDW monorail would NOT be complete w/o it. (Note to Disney PLEASE DON'T REMOVE THAT SPEIL EVER

9. SharonKurland

Speaking about spiels...my husband and I went to NJ for a wedding over the weekend (went up Sat, back down Sun). Although Jack Wagner's voice is still used on the "Welcome to Orlando" spiel between the main building and the terminals, the "We hope you enjoyed your trip to the Orlando area area" spiel, in the other direction, is no longer him.

-Sharon-

10. SharonKurland

Hehehehe.....um....to make me feel at home?

-Sharon-
    Orlando FL

11. SFMike

SFMike Member

Wait a minute dannyeyheralde, this could relate to music as there could be a NEW monorail song for the possible but not probable, until post Eisner, monorail extension at WDW.

But it would more than likely stink as it would be some lame Hip-Hop Radio Disney clone. It plays while the Olsen twins explain on the monitor to have your $15 per person ready when the train arrives. :'(