1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday Esplanade Loop

Discussion in 'Archive' started by tongoroa, Nov 12, 2006.

1. tongoroa

tongoroa New Member

Just a heads up for those music buffs at Disneyland. Walking through the esplanade today I noticed they had a new Holiday Loop playing that included music from Small World Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday. I don't know if this was just a temporary thing for the taping this weekend, or if it's a permanent holiday change.

Should also note that the volume on this loop was really really low and barely audible in the more crowded areas, but it's a nice touch anyway.

2. dkrfla

dkrfla Member

As I understand it, the Magic Kingdom at WDW started playing it's Christmas loop two days after Halloween :)

3. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Disneyland did this last year too, but I don't know if anyone ever assembled an actual playlist.

4. xfkirsten

xfkirsten Member

I remember hearing that esplanade loop last year, too, but unfortunately was never able to get ahold of a full list. :( I do remember hearing a few non-Christmas songs in there, though - I remember laughing at how out of place they were. I'm pretty sure one of them was from Parade of Dreams... the finale unit, if I'm remembering correctly? Anyways, I suppose it made sense since it was a 50th thing, but it was funny to hear it thrown in with a bunch of Christmas music. :p

5. tongoroa

tongoroa New Member

Here's what I got from last night:

01. Small World Holiday Clock Parade
    02. Small World Holiday Medley
    03. Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Frontierland Christmas Loop
    04. Haunted Mansion Holiday - Graveyard Loop
    05. Haunted Mansion Holiday - Over the Graveyard
    06. Deck the Halls/Buffalo Girls - Frontierland Christmas Loop
    07. Christmas Fantasy Parade Medley
    08. Sleigh Ride
    09. Silver Bells
    10. Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick
    11. Winter Wonderland
    12. Parade of Dreams Medley

Aprox Running Time: 32 minutes.

Not sure about the versions for the tracks 8, 9 and 11. I know the version of Sleigh Ride I've heard before but I can't quite place it.

6. tcsnwhite

tcsnwhite Member

The Christmas Fantasy Parade medley is the first float loop, I believe.
    The Parade of Dreams medley is the finale unit loop.

7. almandot

almandot Member

I think the version of sleigh ride they use seems to be the same version that got used in the GAP ads from several years ago. =P There were 3 versions of the commercial but they all had a group of people morphing into 1 person and then splitting off and skating and such..

heck lemme try and youtube it. here we go. http://youtube.com/watch?v=rl38K67fr8E

Side note. Whenever it morphs into 1 kid(in the middle and at the end), that's my cousin! ;D

8. almandot

almandot Member

It might be the one they use in DLP's main street xmas BGM. In which case it's track 8 from this

9. xfkirsten

xfkirsten Member

Oooh, thanks for the information, everyone! Do you mind if I add this to my site? (I'm slowly catching up on updating!)

10. tongoroa

tongoroa New Member

The version of sleigh ride is the boston pops version.

Yes kristen - feel free to post this on your site.