1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

History Channel DVD on Disney World

Discussion in 'Archive' started by adimike, Jan 8, 2006.

1. adimike

adimike Member

Hey, there,

I don't know if anyone has posted this info yet, but tvshowsondvd.com is reporting that the History Channel's MODERN MARVELS release sked on 3/28 is the DISNEY WORLD episode, which I was able to see this past weekend.

The full details are here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4769

Adimike

2. musicrazy

musicrazy Member

Yes, the show is beautiful, full of panoramas and biographical information, techninal know-how and little known facts.
    And is to be shown again on the History Channel this Saturday, January 14 at 5:00 p.m.

3. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Was this really any good? I'm always dissatisfied by the Travel Channels specials, which even though they've done a half dozen about various Disney themes, always tend to talk about the same 5 attractions, and use the same facts and footage.

History Channel seems a little less Pop culture obviously, so perhaps their episode is somewhat more informative?

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

I've gotten bored with these specials as well. They all seem to be made up of bits and pieces of the same interview with Tony Baxter and some theme park journalist -- you know, the guy with the beard. Some pretty camerawork, but when you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Frankly, the Disney marketing people must love these "specials" as they are little more than hour-long infomercials for the parks.

Jim

5. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Now now Dr. Know, that's what the entire Disneyland TV show was. There's nothing wrong with advertising something great. But yes, it's pretty much different edits of the same commercial.