Future World Area Music Pre-1994?

I know we're all familiar with the current Russell Brower/David Arkenstone music that plays around Future World today and has been since 1994, but does anyone remember or even know what the music sounded like BEFORE all that, if there even was any (1982-1993)? Was it orchestral? Was it synthetic? Was it jazzy? Was it a little bit of everything?

I know there was music similar to what I'm thinking about in the Martin Smith SSE86 and Communicore/Innoventions videos, but I'm not sure if that IS the music I'm talking about... Can you guys help me, please?

Nicko1984

I believe it was the same music as the original 1982-1999 Epcot entrance music that played in that area. It was also played in different areas of future world just like the new Innoventions music plays around future world.

Hope this helps!

Nick

Hmmm...

You may be right about that. But then of course, that leads me to ask: Where was the music depicted in the Martin Smith videos actually being played?

Horizons

Playlist Author
I don't know what particular music you are referencing, but there are a lot of instances where the music in those videos is not accurate to the scene being displayed. If you can tell me where to look, I can try and answer your question.

It's in the scenes leading up to Communicore after the ride-thru of Spaceship Earth ends, in the Spaceship Earth 86 video.
In the Communicore/Innoventions video, it's the music after Steve Winwood's "While You See a Chance," up until you hear the 1994 music that replaced it.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I guess I don't usually keep his videos as a search of my computer came up empty. If you want to rip the audio from the two selections you mentioned and send them to me, I will be happy to listen to them and see if I can provide any information.

It's on www.martinsvids.net. Look in the Future World section.

http://www.martinsvids.net/?cat=14

This is the website, and the video is Communicore/Innoventions. You'll hear the music I'm talking about after the opening titles with the Steve Winwood music.

Horizons

Playlist Author
The music is sourced from a 1987 UK TV Disney holiday program and then background music from the GM Make Your Own Magic video.

I am not sure where these sources acquired the particular music in question.

Thanks for the answers!

So I guess that must mean that the old music must have been the FW Entrance Music heard outside Spaceship Earth as well?

I just saw the Make Your Own Magic video and I recognize the opening music.

Horizons

Playlist Author
So I guess that must mean that the old music must have been the FW Entrance Music heard outside Spaceship Earth as well?

No. It just means when he compiled his video he had no accurate music to use. Again, the music you are referring to, as best I can tell, has never been used in EPCOT.

Yes. I see that.
I'm assuming the music that starts out quite cheery with a lively string ostinato, then fades into the bouncy two-beat circus-y feel, then calms down into a more Latin-y flavor, which then turns into the more bossa-nova style with the flugelhorns, and then ends with the jumping flutes and clarinets-- all that was used in the 1987 UK special... Would anyone know the name of that one?

I'm also assuming that the source he must have gotten all that from was; apparently that could have very well been stock music that people keep using all over the place...

Nicko1984

Actually most of the music in the video is from the company Omnimusic. One of the tracks for sure is called "Premiere" track 20 from album 14 "Patterns of Success/New Frontiers".

Check it out go on their website omnimusic.com and search for the album and the songs.

Nick

Thanks Nick! I always knew some of it was stock music!

And I believe Omnimusic is also responsible for some of the tracks in the WONDERS OF LIFE area loop?

So I'm probably going to guess the other two tracks, the one I talked about in great detail, the ones that sound like they come from the 1987 UK special, those all come from DeWolfe?

And I just found out that Omnimusic also supplied the music that played on the WDW Today Channel during the early '90s. It all came from album 33 "Living in the Future" from 1988, and yes, it is all totally '80s with Fairlight orch-hits and arpeggiated bells left and right.