1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Future World Area Music Pre-1994?

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by Maestrojosh87, Apr 19, 2012.

1. FoxxFur

FoxxFur Member

My memory of Future World is as follows:

You'd hear the 1982 Entrance loop all through the entrance area, up the hills on either side of SSE, and through Communicore Central. It would start to fade out as you were leaving Communicore and heading to World Showcase.

No music in the Communicore breezeways.

No music in the common areas just past the breezeways, but as you'd start walking towards each pavilion its distinct BGM would sneak up on you pretty quickly.

In many ways it's not too different than how it is today. I do remember that the south side of Communicore Central was quieter than it is now - once Splashtacular premiered, the BGM was piped through its dedicated sound system and it made the area around the stage and fountain in general much louder than it once was.

2. Maestrojosh87

Maestrojosh87 Member

Now I have the answer as to where he got the music I couldn't retrieve the source for. Omnimusic supplied the music from GM Make Your Own Magic, and the rest of the music came from the 1984 promotional Walt Disney World video entitled "Follow Us!"
    My favorite part of the music, the leaping clarinets and flutes, underscored the Leapfrog Fountains, and is the music before Dreamfinder and Figment take us out of Epcot and into the resort hotels.