1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Fountain of Nations Music Question

Discussion in 'Archive' started by wedroy1923, Jul 9, 2007.

1. wedroy1923

wedroy1923 Moderator Premium Member Playlist Author

Hello All:

Hopefully someone on this board will be able to help satisfy my curiosity: has the Fountain of Nations always done musical ballets (for lack of a better word)? I have no distinct memories of this from my early visits to EPCOT Center in the mid-1980s.

Does anyone know when the current music was installed? Is there a set order to the music pieces used?

As always, I appreciate any information that can be provided. All this talk of "wand removal" and "anniversary" has got me thinking about EPCOT Center of old.

Best,
    wedroy1923

2. mmmfan

mmmfan Member

Will try to answer your questions.The ballets were not there until sometime in 1993 or 94.There isn't a set order.It's all random.By the way,I believe they haven't ever changed the musical selections.They did add "Celebrate the Future" in 1999-2000.Not sure if they still use it. They do use Christmas music during the nightime holiday celebration. Hope this helps answer your questions.(Will be nice to see Spaceship Earth without the wand :D)

3. Ximagineer

Ximagineer Member

Anyone else remember in the early 80s, when they covered the fountain over to use it as a stage for the elephants act during Epcot's Circus Spectacular?

Good times... ;D

4. wedroy1923

wedroy1923 Moderator Premium Member Playlist Author

mmmfan:

Thanks for the information!

wedroy1923

5. BLM07

BLM07 Member

I heard Celebrate the Future in 2006, good to hear it in the park too.