1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Finding Nemo The Musical Soundtrack on iTunes!!!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by The Mouse Info, Jan 23, 2007.

1. The Mouse Info

The Mouse Info Member

2. almandot

almandot Member

holy ---- good find

Now this is something we've been waiting for =D. Let's hope this is a new trend. Kudos Disney/Apple partnership

3. Dirk

Dirk Member

I really hope that the material is also scheduled for a CD-release.

Such a soundtrack is an "impuls-buy", something you buy during your vacation because you just saw the show (or saw it a day ago) and liked. Normal guests do not really expect it on iTunes and therefore won't go back home and then search iTunes for it. Also an iTunes only release would exclude all non-US-guests of WDW which is a significant number. Therefore a CD release of this material seems absolutly necessary to me if the full potential of the release shall be reached.

But anyway: great find!

4. almandot

almandot Member

It was definitely an impulse-buy when I saw it this morning ;)

5. MusicMoose

MusicMoose New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the info!!!!

Buying it right now - I've been wanting to hear this ever since the good reviews starting rolling in.

As someone who won't be getting to WDW anytime soon, this is like an early birthday present, and definitely a good way to start a Tuesday.

I can't imagine this *not* getting a CD release at WDW. That would only make sense if every tourist at the park was walking around with a high-speed web connection in their pockets and Disney had huge "Download Now" signs all over the place. That won't happen for a least...oh...a couple of years. The billboards will probably come first. :)

6. mistryl

mistryl New Member

*jawdrop*

Thank you so much!

I'm a little obsessed with this show. I thought the CD wasn't coming out for a few more months, and I've been dying for a good copy! *bounce*

7. Fantasmic

Fantasmic Member

Great show! Anybody have any video of it? Does anybody have any idea why they would release an album on iTunes before the parks? I wouldn't mind if they continued this, sure easier for those of us who don't live in California or Florida....

8. MusicMoose

MusicMoose New Member

Why iTunes first? Well, it's certainly quicker - no manufacturing involved. Maybe the CD's being pressed right now.

One way or another, the album is awesome and a lot of fun. "Big Blue World" and "Fish are Friends not Food" are just as good as the reviews have suggested. Heck, the whole album's great. Excellent performances all around.

Drove to work this morning listening to the Nemo musical - now, *that's* the way the internet's supposed to function! :) Park music on iTunes...wouldn't it be great if this was just the beginning?

9. almandot

almandot Member

Don't worry, california's not getting anything anyways ;D

10. MusicMoose

MusicMoose New Member

Hey - California's getting the submarines back! :)

I'm now wondering if "Big Blue World" is going to be featured on the subs, as it is in the Nemo dark ride at Epcot.

11. Randy Thornton

Randy Thornton Member

?Finding Nemo ? The Musical? will be released as a physical CD but only as a theme park exclusive. I just received my manufacturing sample, so it should be on the shelves any day now.

Randy Thornton

12. Dirk

Dirk Member

Thanks Randy!

The CD-release is great news - not only because of the losless format (compared to AAC), the booklet and the missing DRM ... but especially for international fans (like me) who are left out in the cold with the current iTunes-release policy of WDR. While cheating around the country checks of iTunes is time consuming and annoying (plus many just don't know how to do it), you can always pick up theme park exclusive CD releases through DelivEars, e-bay or during the next visit.

So thanks again!

Dirk

13. SpectroPluto

SpectroPluto Member

[​IMG]

Got mine today at Once Upon a Toy (Downtown Disney) for $12.98.

A pal told me at work this afternoon that he got his there this morning. So, I called WDW merchandise and the VERY friendly and patient operator looked it up in her computer to see if it was on sale anywhere in the Magic Kingdom. According to her computer, ALL copies were still in the warehouse and not yet released.

Guess she was wrong! LOL

The liner notes are basic but informative. 3 Production photos, production crew listing, thank you letter from the writers and a cast list. (NOTE: this is the NYC workshop cast, NOT the current cast(s) playing at Theatre in the Wild at Animal Kingdom)

Just keep swimming!
    *Tommy

14. almandot

almandot Member

Could you post the cast list by any chance? :)

15. SpectroPluto

SpectroPluto Member

16. BJWanlund

BJWanlund Member

Well, shit fire, I recognize two of those names! Jordan Gelber and Stephanie D'Abruzzo, two of the performers on Avenue Q!! How cool is that?

BJ

17. mistryl

mistryl New Member

Okay, I guess I'll be stopping at Once Upon A Toy tomorrow night then. Thanks for the tip! :)

Also, Victor Chan does Crush at DAK. Although I haven't seen him there in awhile... Does that mean he moved to the NYC cast?

18. mmmfan

mmmfan Member

Glad they released this on CD. :)