1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite WDW MK Nightime Parade

Discussion in 'Archive' started by dannyeyheralde, Sep 21, 2003.

1. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

All the usual suspects around here know my favorite. so what's yours?

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Member

[Adult Voices]
    On this magic night,
    A million stars will play beside us,
    Cast a spell of light,
    Glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling
    'Round the world tonight,
    A symphony in SpectroMagic.
    Pure enchantment lights our way!

[Jiminy Cricket]
    "Welcome to the splendor, the spectacle, the sparkling sensation, where the comedy and thrill of Disney fantasies come to electric life.

And now, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents, in a million points of musical light, the magic worlds of Disney...in SpectroMagic!"

[Children's' Voices]
    Music surrounds us
    Laughter that found us
    Twirling around this
    Carousel of light and laughter!

We shall remember
    This moment together
    Let this night forever
    Live in our dreams!

3. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

ARGH! Make the bad man STOP!!!!

4. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

AMEN Sharon AMEN! MSEP Rocks!!!

5. Disney Bean Counte

Disney Bean Counte Member

I'm with Mike

MSEP is my favorite DL nightime parade.

6. DisneylandKid

DisneylandKid Member

Both MSEP and Light Magic were my favorite Disneyland nightime parades!! ;) Too bad that Light Magic didn't last long...

7. TDLFAN

TDLFAN Member

I have to say TDL Disney's Fantillusion! was the pinnacle of electrical parades IMO. Not even the technical wizardry of Dreamlights could top the pageantry and storytelling ability Fantillusion! was able to tell... I understand Paris has raped that poor parade by eliminating many aspects of the original presentation from Tokyo, so much so that I can't probably bring myself to watch it. Very sad!

8. Dirk

Dirk Member

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

I know that I shouldn't touch the tpoic of Fantillusion at DLRP, if only because I haven't come around to update the page about Fantillusion on DLP.info even so the parade premiered in late June ... but anyway ... back to the topic: even so I only saw videos from Fantillusion at TDL which certainly makes it hard to compare to Fantillusion at DLRP, where I saw it several times, I don't think the parade (that is what they call Fantillusion unfortunately in DLRP) has been butchered that bad.

Yes, they have cut out most of the minor extra floats (most of the small stuff) and yes there are fewer dancers, and yes, even some of the major floats are missing (Chernabog & the Queen from Snow White). But the streetacular is still wonderful, the show great and the story transported perfectly.

Certainly the budget was higher in TDL and there was more to see, but in the end it is a bit as if they cut back on all the extra ornaments and have opened a better view on the story ...

I loved it and can only recommend a trip to DLRP to see it (where it is on again from early November till 21st of March).

Yours
    Dirk

9. TDLFAN

TDLFAN Member

I saw the whole video from DLP from a frined who went. Trust me, It was butchered! :(