Electrical Water Pageant

B

Bill

Does anyone know how many versions of this there have been? I know the first was the same as the Main Street Electrical Parade. Then they switched to the Don Dorsey version which had some classical music, Whale of a Tale, Angry Dragon, etc. Was that it until the current version? Can anyone shed some light?

sds910

There have been three versions of the EWP to date... exactly as you describe. The current version (it should be mentioned) prominently featuring music from The Little Mermaid.

Steve

SharonKurland

Geesh, how I ADORED the Don Dorsey version. That was my #1 favorite memory of WDW after we went for the first time, in 1979. To this day, I won't watch the Little Mermaid version (well, becuase of that AND the fact that the Adventurers Club opens at 7pm )

-Sharon-

sds910

Ben:

I did a fairly acceptable live recording of the current version a few years ago whilst ensconced on the boat dock at the Polynesian with my camcorder. It was more acceptable than most recordings done that way because the limited frequency response of that style of music made severe noise reduction far more acceptable than it would have been with a more dynamic musical offering. I'm not sure if my recording is making the rounds or not, but it certainly *could* be...

Steve