1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Disney's Rock Around The Mouse - TDR CD

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Dirk, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Dirk

Dirk Member

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

the daytime summer time show in Tokyo Disneyland this year is "Disney's Rock around the Mouse" presented on the stage in front of the castle. While I watched the show, this was from a bad point of view in the back, as I did not have any luck in the lottery for the seating.

Basically the show features Mickey and friends in a Highschool and a Diner setting in the US in the 50s doing some great old Rock'n'Roll hits. Certainly the villains show up too and try to take the party over without success. To get to the stage the characters board old 50s stiyle cars and have a mini-parade from next to the Haunted Mansion along the parade route to the front of the castle. To cool down guests the cars spray water, the dancers are also running us "cheerleaders" in the parade. Actually I thought the parade was more fun than the show.

The show and the soundtrack CD released this year feature the following sounds:
    Great Balls of Fire
    Rock Around the Mouse
    Who Put the Bomp in the Bomp Bomp Bomp
    Hound Dog
    Johnny Angel
    Little Darlin'
    Tutti Frutti
    Rock and Roll Music
    High School Confidential
    Jailhouse Rock
    Night Train
    The Wanderer
    Mister Sandman
    Leader of the Pack
    One Fine Day
    Johnny B. Goode
    Be True To Your School
    My Boyfriend's Back
    The Twist
    Rock a Hula
    Shake Rattle and Roll
    Rock and Roll Is Here To Stay

While I usually enjoy songs of this type and the recording is technically well done, somehow it can not really get me interested now if I play it at home. I have not yet figured out why so.

Yours
    Dirk