1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Disney's On the Record

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Disneymagic022, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Disneymagic022

Disneymagic022 Member

I just had the opportunity to see Disney'S On The Record. Its a cute show, not ready for Broadway (it will end its run this summer) but the music was amazing! I wouldn't spend the 70 dollars to see the show again however i put my name on the list for the musical CD. It did offer a sneak peek into how the music for the upcoming "little mermaid on Broadway" and "Tarzan on Broadway" will transpire onto the stage.
    The show it self has a small plot. There is no dialogue, the story is told through the use of Disney music. There is only one costume change at the end and there are only a few props and only one set. After seeing Lion King and Beauty I guess i was expecting a little more.
    The performers are some of the best and to hear a new voice singing some of the best Disney music brought chills at several points of the show. "Ashley Brown" has the perfect Disney Voice. Her performance of Reflections and a Dream is a Wish Your heart makes, were amazing! I am sure for those who have not see the show, BUY the CD, I am sure you will love it!