1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Disneyland Forever (again)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by redrhino, Oct 16, 2003.

1. redrhino

redrhino New Member

2. s8ntmark

s8ntmark Member

OH! This is excellent news!! Ill miss the mix your own aspect of the original DL Forever, But I like the idea of having complete attractions and soundstracks :D

Finally, Maybe there will be a STEREO CBJ available!

WOOHOO!!

And maybe Under New Managment?? (Prob. not but there IS supposed to be WDW stuff available, too) Man what a great time to get my AP again :)

3. GrizzlyHall

GrizzlyHall Member

It looks like the whole list might actually be LPs or Soundtracks previously released.

i.e. America Sings, Golden Horseshoe had their own records and Tiki Room was released with Jungle Cruise on its record (as it is on the system).

Let me know if I'm wrong! (ESPECIALLY WITH CBJ!! ;D)

4. Michael Zielski

Michael Zielski Member

Great news for DL folks--but, any word on a WDW system? I would expect that this will most likely happen, as it did the last time around.

According to a post on Mouse Planet, $15.99 per CD--not the former $20, but still a little pricey for previously issued LP's, especially if you can load only one ~30 minute LP per CD. Still, don't want to grumble too much......

If anyone is going to DL soon--please get us a listing of at least some of the selections!

Mike

5. cop4ever

cop4ever Member

I"m a loser stuck here on the east coast so does anyone know if we can call them and order them over the phone

6. Jessica L

Jessica L Member

Wow! That's super news! Now let's just hope WDW is in on the deal as well...

Dare I hope for Epcot park music available one day??

Jessica

7. BLM07

BLM07 Member

Wow $15, it really did get cheaper, so thats always good news. Now for a complete list...? :)

8. Scruffy

Scruffy New Member

Ill be going to DL next week....... i ll get full track listings of all available titles and post them.....

9. 1313

1313 Member

Disneyland's new CD-on-demand system

FYI: The system hasn't been functioning at all for the past two days and barely works on those rare occasions when the clerks can manage to keep the thing limping along for an hour or two.

The store employees are uninformed and almost certainly not to blame for being clueless regarding the operation (not to mention the mere existance) of the CD-on-demand program.

At present, the "fix" appears to be creating discs when the park is closed and the system can generate a few CDs before shutting down again. Those discs are offered to the public the next day. (That is to say, those discs are available to those who know to ask for them AND point them out on the shelf behind the clerk.)

So, if one is "lucky," one might be able to purchase a CDR of the soundtrack for "A Goofy Movie" for $15.99 plus tax at the 20th Century Music Company... or they could pick it up for $9.99 at Best Buy with full artwork and whatever notes come with such a release. Sadly, the titles being chosen under this "overnight" workaround tend to be everything *other* than the park audio releases.

Unless someone comes up with a quick fix, don't go looking for reissues of the Enchanted Tiki Room or Golden Horseshoe LPs anytime soon. Of course, it probably wouldn't hurt to drop by City Hall and express your disappointment.

Not an auspicious start.