1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Parks Official Album Releases — No More?

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by WDWGuy08, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ebbelein

ebbelein New Member

I agree with Paul, quite a "large" amount of new tracks and overall a fine compilation. I especially like the bgm tracks from the toy story area, since these are also used in toy story playland area at disneyland paris. Only one thing is IMHO quite embarassing: Some tracks like Flitterin, GreAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW etc. are still the old mono mixes from the former official albums... Since these were recorded in the 90s they should be stereo (although being mixed down to mono for the park). I wish they had digged down deeper in the archives and used those stereo master tapes...

2. BookPodder

BookPodder I'm a Noob!

Well, at least I didn't have to call each park to order the two CDs...

Just got off the phone with Merchandise Guest Services (1-877-560-6477) and was able to both CDs at once. However, each ships from their respective park, so there's separate shipping for each. Even though I'm east coast (Maine), shipping from Florida is higher than California ($9 compared to $7 - both ridiculous for mailing CDs). Also, the quoted delivery time from Florida was "10 to 20 days" while California was "7 to 10 days."

3. disneyphenom

disneyphenom Member

I believe Touch the Sky is from Fantasy Faire, Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo is from the new Fantasyland area music (which is synced with the carousel arrangements)

4. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

Yes, it is ridiculous, but there's a reason for the expense and the length of time. Disney doesn't have a warehouse that they ship merchandise out of ala Amazon. Instead, if you can believe it, they send the equivalent of a personal shopper out to the parks, resorts, etc., to locate and pick up the item(s) for you. Of course, that's what I'd have to do, too, and I also have to pay full retail, so that's why any CDs that end up in the Magic Music Store cost what they do. Time is money, as the saying goes. :)

5. BookPodder

BookPodder I'm a Noob!

Jay - While I think Disney does an good job managing people traffic in the parks, their own internal corporate logistics seems lacking on so many levels, so I guess it's not surprising to hear this about merchandise. :)

I'm still baffled as to why they weren't selling these discs just a week and a half early, at the D23 Expo, when they were selling Disney Press books at the Expo that aren't scheduled to be available for sale until October. Witnessing the degree to which people were gorging themselves on merchandise at the Expo, it seems as though they could have picked up a few sales of the CDs from this audience.

Oh well, guess I shouldn't worry too much about advising them on maximizing merchandise sales... they seem to be doing fine without my help!

6. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

Me too. Especially since the email in which I received the cover art was titled "D23 Covers." :rolleyes:

7. BookPodder

BookPodder I'm a Noob!

On day one of the Expo, in the "Dream Store" the only CDs I saw for sale were the "Teen Beach Movie" soundtrack and the "Sherman Brothers Songbook" CD (which was introduced - before its official release, I believe - at the FIRST Expo, back in 2009). Needless to say, Disney Music was not deeply represented in the D23 Expo merchandise selection. Given how merchandise-centric the Expo was (and the sustained lines throughout the Expo to just get into any of the retail locations), it seems like the perfect forum to introduce new product or to make the most of exploiting the catalog. What more perfect a place to hobble together a few disc-on-demand kiosks for the weekend?

8. TofuForBrains

TofuForBrains Member

It doesn't cost as much on iTunes as I thought. ($19.99, in case you're wondering.)
    I'm glad they're releasing CDs of park music. But it still pains me (especially in iTunes) to purchase a whole album that is mostly tracks I already have...maybe if I can score an iTunes giftcard deal at some point...

Lossy Schmossy.
    (Gets kicked off board)

9. Paul

Paul Active Member

The DL OA track Pecos Bill is listed as Frontierland. Is this old Frontierland Area Music? It is different from Big Thunder Mountain's Pecos Bill Area Music.

10. Kurt

Kurt New Member

Haven't posted in ages, but could anyone who has the physical copies post scans/photos of the albums for us who downloaded the online versions?

11. eyore

eyore DLRP explorer Premium Member Playlist Author

Cover scans are in the gallery. Front covers only though.

12. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

That Frontierland version of Pecos Bill is one I've never heard before. If I had to, I'd guess it's part of a new Big Thunder Loop, perhaps imported from WDW's BTM and due at DL's once it reopens.