1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Celebrates America

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by DisneyMuzik, Aug 1, 2008.

1. DisneyMuzik

DisneyMuzik Member

Has a recording or listing for this show been posted anywhere? I have done some searching here and at MB, but can't find anything.

2. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

No recordings have been posted yet.

What do you mean by listing?

3. DisneyMuzik

DisneyMuzik Member

By listing I meant track list of music.

4. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I assume the versions used are not needle drop tracks, so a playlist seems pointless.

5. DisneyMuzik

DisneyMuzik Member

I just ran across that term "needle drop tracks" in another thread and was wondering what that meant. Does this mean an entire track does not play in its entirety and songs mesh into each other at random points?

6. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

Needle drop is to area music as Vekoma Rides Manufacturing is to Disney Parks attractions -- you're choosing to go "off the shelf" instead of creating something yourself. The Beach Boys' Fun, Fun, Fun at Typhoon Lagoon's [post=26530]Surf Pool[/post] is needle drop.

The term "needle drop" refers to lowering a phonograph needle on to a record. Nowadays it is more commonly referred to as "laser drop" in the music licensing business.

7. almandot

almandot Member

remind me who sharon kurland is again? the name sounds familiar for some reason.. is she the one everyone at micechat started b*tc*ing at?

8. Magic Music

Four feet tall, gray hair, hangs out at the Adventurers Club eight nights a week. Hasn't been seen on this forum since November of '07, but she is second only to Bill for the most posts.

http://www.myspace.com/sharonheg

9. eyore

eyore DLRP explorer Premium Member Playlist Author

Not another clone I hope (cross dressing and wearing a wig) ;D

So a "needle drop" would be using commercial material (like the Frontierland BGM with the movie themes) as opposed to say, the Pirate area at DLRP which is particular to Disney and (presumably) recorded especially for that area?
    I had thought it meant random sections from tracks (ie close your eyes and drop the needle on the record and see what plays ::) )
    I too had been wondering exactly what it referred to as well. Thanks for the explanation
    Still learning............................. :)

10. Magic Music

Pass Go, collect $200.

11. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

Well, she has a point! I refuse to eat at the Rainforest Cafe at either of the US Disney parks....why, when it is at the local mall?

12. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

"Disney's McDonalds..."

Not anymore it's not! They're dropping the locations from the parks...so at least one of those things will be gone....

They should replace it with a "Disney's Wal-Mart" instead!

13. angiehashemi

angiehashemi Member

Sorry for the late post, but I have been away for a while. I was out of town for 2 1/2 weeks and then had to have some unexpected surgery as soon as I got back. I am just catching up on reading some posts. Some of us don't have a Rainforest Cafe, or some of the other restaurants, where we live. We used to have a Rainforest Cafe here for a short time. I was only open about a year or so before it closed. I do love their salads. So I like to visit when we go to WDW. One of the best is Bongo's, love their Cuban Club sandwich. You can only find those at WDW and in Miami from what I understand. Now I am getting hungry!

14. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

I thought Disney World gets to keep their McDonald's

15. daliseurat

daliseurat Member

I am SOOOOOOO in agreement. I can't stand that Disney brings in outside franchises to run identical businesses. Now, I enjoy ALL of the places they bring in. But I'm not going to them while I'm there. Wait, not true. I did go to Cirque and Rainforest several years ago, when I stayed across from the old MARKET VILLAGE. Cirque is cool and doesn't have that show anywhere else, and at the time I thought Rainforest WAS a Disney restaurant. So, I am a semi-hypocrite. But I haven't forked over money to those establishments in a LONG time. And I don't go all the way to florida to do stuff I can do around my own home.

Really, would it have been so difficult for a McDonalds at Disney to be truly unique? Couldn't they serve some DISNEY ONLY food? Something to validate their being there?

So if Disney'd rather be landlords, I just won't bother to go to that whole Downtown Disney area.

How'd we go from the original post to this...?

16. eyore

Are the restaurants/cafes mentioned actually INSIDE the parks?
    The similar ones in Paris are outside the parks in the "Disney Village" which is a shopping area and open later than the parks so quite handy for a meal after a hard day's riding.
    Although there is a Disney store and a Disney restaurant, the village isn't really Disney themed (well, not much).

17. daliseurat

daliseurat Member

Most the stuff mentioned is part of DOWNTOWN DISNEY/PLEASURE ISLAND/WEST SIDE.

There is a RAINFOREST CAFE right outside the gates of Animal Kingdom. A full Mcdonalds restaurant in DCA (Burger Invasion) is now closed. And numerous french fry locations using Mcdonalds packaging. Also, I believe Animal Kingdom had/has a quickservice McDonalds. Animal Kingdom has a restaurant called YAK and YETI owned by a different group. But at least it was thought up and constructed specifically FOR Disney. So, that doesn't bother me so much. EPCOT has brought in outside venders to WORLD SHOWCASE, but not like a real franchise.

I don't really care if an outside company sponsors and provides food, I just don't want it to be the same stuff I get at home. There was a Chicken of the Sea restaurant, Carnation Plaza, Aunt Jemima's Pancake House. But these weren't a well known chain.

The sad part of Pleasure Island going away is that Pleasure Island has a lot of DISNEY to offer. Now that entire area will just be a nice mall that has nothing you couldn't find elsewhere.

18. eyore

Sounds like a much bigger version of Disney Village.
    The Disney village has a huge MacDonald's (the same, just bigger and the same food - including the Happy Meal toys - that we can get down our street) but there are a number of places very non-disney but not stuff you could find elsewhere and some cool themed places.
    Happily (if they bother to open) the restaurants and cafes in the parks are all Disney-themed.
    That'll probably change just like all the stores now sell the same gifts.