1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DCA Aladdin CD is here!!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by X-S Tech, Jul 20, 2003.

1. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Finally they have released a CD for "Aladdin A Musical Spectacular". They had one left at 20th Century Music tonight; don't know how stock looks at DCA but I bet they are goin' faster than Abu after jewelry. I haven't heard it yet but it looked like a great CD. I think there were about 21 tracks. It looked like the whole show all divided into cues including overture, a curtain call and some other track at the end (perhaps exit music).

2. theEpiphany

theEpiphany Member

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

More details please!

Thanks for the head's up! :)

4. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Well a CD is sort of a round shiny think that plays music....

Just kidding. I just got the album but haven't had time to listen to much of it. So far it looks to be the songs and all the music cues. That means there's no dialogue for the show. Also has the new song written for the show by Alan Menken. I hated this song when I saw the preview performance. I was like they tried to fit the lyrics into the existing music and just couldn't make it work. But that was a preview and perhaps the final recording will be better. And DeeDee from the MMC and The Party is Jasmine! More info to come....

5. Fantasmic

Fantasmic Member

Does anybody know if the songs are performed live in the show or are they pre-recorded?

6. SpectroPluto

SpectroPluto Member

I just happened to be at the Park (my LAST day!) and it was the morning it came out! I was PSYCHED to end my vacation on such a high note!

The CD is definitely a STUDIO recording. it's VERY clean and there are no audience sounds or anything!
    It's the FULL show as far as I recall and the Jasmine is DeeDee Magno! :)
    (yay mouseketeers!)

*Tommy

7. Michael Zielski

Michael Zielski Member

Is Jafar part of the show? I'd love to hear more from Jonathan Freeman, who(fortunately) seems to own that role!

Mike