Davy Crockett

DisneyCurator

I'm currently curating Disney: The Music behind the Magic, the first exhibit to explore the enormous role that music has played at Disney, from "Steamboat Willie" through the latest Broadway productions. The exhibit debuts at Experience Music Project, a non-profit music museum in Seattle, on November 4, 2006.

One section of the exhibit focuses on the influence and impact of the three-part Davy Crockett TV series and hit single. To illustrate the section, I'm looking for snapshots of kids wearing coonskin caps and/or Davy Crockett costumes--from 1954 to today.

If you or anyone you know has a snapshot like this and would be willing to have it be part of the exhibit (we'll use reproductions of each snapshot rather than originals), please contact me at: jasene@emplive.org.

Hi Jasen, welcome to the board :D

For those of you who have read about the Disney Music Convention, Jasen and the EMP are hosting it!

Jasen, I do not know if you have been to Fess Parker's site yet but he has several pictures of kids and adults in coonskin caps from an anniversary celebration. You might be able to glean from there.

http://www.fessparker.com/html/anniversary_celebration.html

Ken 8)