Currently Featured on "Ears" Record Player

Hi Fan,
I am not sure why it is not showing up for you. If you continue to have problems, I can add it as a blog item in addition to the player. I added STER3034 "The Happy Wanderer" last night to the player. Can you see/hear that one?

I'm sorry to say that that doesn't show on my list either. :p I'm going to have to go back and see what programs that I have added/removed since your last addition to the "Ears" Player on November 19th. :p Something must be interfering with the player. It was working fine previously.

DisneyChris

Disneychris, when you say you can't open the player, do you mean the actual swf page doesn't open or the player is empty?
If nothing opens up, you may need to update your flash player.
If the player is empty, click the + at thebottom.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for your attempt to help me. What happens is I click on the box marked record player and a small window pops up on the screen. The window is empty, and cannot be enlarged. Nothing else happens.

Thanks for your attempt to help me. What happens is I click on the box marked record player and a small window pops up on the screen. The window is empty, and cannot be enlarged. Nothing else happens.
I take it you are using Internet Explorer? I had/have the same problem. I eventually gave up and downloaded the Mozilla Firefox browser and was able to access the player that way.

Ken and/or eyore:
I finally was able to see the new titles in my list. The problem was that I wasn't signed in on the home page. Whenever I would try to log on, it would just bounce me back to the home page again. So I tried clicking on the register link and when the next page opened, it had me logged in and I was then able to open the player with the updated list. Just another weird programming glitch somewhere I guess. The funny thing is, I have no problems logging in using Internet Explorer, but IE doesn't let me see the player. Go figure...

Thanks for your attempts at helping though...it is appreciated.
-John

Sorry for all the problems on the player. I am not a programmer and am relying on free community software. This was the best program I could find that would allow users to select an album(s) with all the songs and customize what they hear. I am testing a new version of Joomla to see if it improves performance and I may be moving all the music format over to it.

Take a look here and give me some feedback
It does not have much on there as I am just testing it, but it might work better.

I would also like to try Shoutcast streaming but not sure if I could pull it off.

Take a look here and give me some feedback
It does not have much on there as I am just testing it, but it might work better.
Internet Explorer still doesn't show the player. I can see the Disney Single Jukebox songs listed, but the Disney Album Jukebox window is blank with a "+ Pop-Up Player" link at the bottom. If I click on the link, a small blank window opens and the only thing I can do with it is close it.

Firefox works OK. I like it better this way because the player is viewable on the main page as opposed to clicking on the silver logo and opening a separate pop-up window with the previous version. And just to be sure that it is working correctly, there are only 2 titles listed (ST3902Perri and WDL3002Disneyland Band), correct?

Internet Explorer still doesn't show the player. I can see the Disney Single Jukebox songs listed, but the Disney Album Jukebox window is blank with a "+ Pop-Up Player" link at the bottom. If I click on the link, a small blank window opens and the only thing I can do with it is close it.

Firefox works OK. I like it better this way because the player is viewable on the main page as opposed to clicking on the silver logo and opening a separate pop-up window with the previous version. And just to be sure that it is working correctly, there are only 2 titles listed (ST3902Perri and WDL3002Disneyland Band), correct?
IE8 also works with the player on your original page too! :p
Whew! Glad that works for you, and yes I just have the 2 recordings on the album player to test out the new site. I saw you had registered there. Can you post to the forum and shoutbox? Thanks for trying it out Fan! :p

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I think the problem was that you have to update the Flash on browsers using the actual browser you want it for.
If (for instance) you use Firefox and update, that won't update the one IE uses. You have to update it again whilst using IE.
Daft but true. (suggest add-on "Flash switcher" for Firefox - allows you to switch versions of Flash player and keeps them in your system when you update).
A visit to Youtube with each browser will usually confirm if you have the most up to date version).
Found this out when Youtube wouldn't run on IE but would on Firefox!). :p
Annoying. :p

I think the problem was that you have to update the Flash on browsers using the actual browser you want it for.
If (for instance) you use Firefox and update, that won't update the one IE uses. You have to update it again whilst using IE.

I actually did update the Flash for both IE7 and Firefox browsers (several times, in fact), but I was still having problems. :p

But now that everything seems to be working with IE8 (keeps fingers crossed), I hope I don't encounter any more problems.

Added Album:

DQ-1287 Tuby the Tuba (1963)
Narrated by Annette

Recorded by Sunset Sounds Recorders - Engineer: Bruce Botnick (who also recorded all the Door's rock albums :p )

You can read a page about Bruce Botnick from Mouse Tracks here

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I actually did update the Flash for both IE7 and Firefox browsers (several times, in fact), but I was still having problems. :p

But now that everything seems to be working with IE8 (keeps fingers crossed), I hope I don't encounter any more problems.
Glad it's sorted.
Shockwave Flash has a nasty habit of not updating over previous versions anyway (even though it says it has been successfully installed it can leave some old files behind so it acts like the old version - it's a recognized problem, alas). That's why I prefer Firefox with Flashswitcher - it keeps all the versions apart so they don't confuse each other!

Added Album to "Ears" Record Player:

STER-4019 Grand Canyon Suite

Soundtrack from the Disney film. You may remember hearing pieces of this when riding the Disneyland train through Primeval World and Grand Canyon.

Excellent find! I do have the same album which was not the Disneyland release, it was on the Columbia Masterworks label and it was performed by Eugene Ormandy and the Philadelphia Orchestra. It was produced right around 1971 or so.