Currently Featured on "Ears" Record Player

In honor of Mickey's 80th...

Added Album:

ST 3805 Mickey Mouse "This is my Life"
(1971)

Not sure who the narrator is. Anybody recognize him??

www.mountainears.org "Ears Record Player"

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
These rare and nearly forgotten (by many) vinyls are a real joy to listen to.
This was when Disney was still "Disney" - commercial yes but what we wanted at the time.
They really do bring back the Disney feeling - before iPods, computers and all those things. Simpler (not necessarily better, of course) pleasures.
Nice. :angry:

Added Album:

DQ-1210 Goofy's Dance Album

You will find some of these songs in other Disneyland records and maybe a few on other iTunes re-releases.

www.mountainears.org
Listening to this right now. I find this album has an interesting variety of songs.

-"1925 Charleston" by Cliff Edwards, I think off his album of 20's era songs?

-3 different versions of the Mickey Mouse march. :)

-Shaggy Dog Cha Cha Cha by Paul Frees :) - talk about a different voice for him. And Camarata's arraignment is so nice!

-Humprey Hop and the Big Bear Boogie - from the Park Ranger shorts??

-I always enjoy listening to Jimmy Dodd sing.

I know the theme park music is very popular and I love it also, but I missed a lot of this early stuff growing up and it's nice to re-discover albums like this. Not sure if many like these Disney vinyls as much as I do. I hope my update postings are not getting annoying :D

musicrazy

Many thanks, Ken! These albums are what I was always looking for if not hunt down too. If I'd ever seen the the album cover, or hear of the recording, it seems as if it's been there all along; I want it. And you now present it. Many thanks again.

hauntdmansn

Thanks Ken! The best thing on the web! I check every day for a chance to discover something new that I might never get to hear otherwise. Really Appreciated!!! :D

"makeminemusic"

I found this one on YouTube that they have a video of a song taken from the LP "Happy Birthday and Songs for Every Holiday" which is "How Lucky We Are" by the Mouseketeer Chorus. I'm sure if you have this album, please add it to your "Ears" Record Player on your site. Thanks! And Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I found this one on YouTube that they have a video of a song taken from the LP "Happy Birthday and Songs for Every Holiday" which is "How Lucky We Are" by the Mouseketeer Chorus.
Nice find! I will get the whole album posted when I can.

Joseph

Listening to this right now. I find this album has an interesting variety of songs.

-"1925 Charleston" by Cliff Edwards, I think off his album of 20's era songs?

-3 different versions of the Mickey Mouse march. :)

-Shaggy Dog Cha Cha Cha by Paul Frees :) - talk about a different voice for him. And Camarata's arraignment is so nice!

-Humprey Hop and the Big Bear Boogie - from the Park Ranger shorts??

-I always enjoy listening to Jimmy Dodd sing.

I know the theme park music is very popular and I love it also, but I missed a lot of this early stuff growing up and it's nice to re-discover albums like this. Not sure if many like these Disney vinyls as much as I do. I hope my update postings are not getting annoying :D
The song "1925" is actually from a "Fun with Music Day" skit on the second season of the Mickey Mouse Club TV show. It was recorded by Cliff Edwards for a Mickey Mouse Club record called "Roll Up the Rug for more Mouskedances" in 1956 and included on several subsequent compilations. It was not included on the Ukelele Ike Sings Again LP. That LP was comprised of songs he had originally recorded in the 1920's.

"Humphrey Hop" is a reworking of a song called "Put it in the Bag" from the Humphrey the Bear cartoon called "In the Bag". It was the song the bears sang as they were picking up trash in the park. The reworked song was part of a first season Mickey Mouse Club "Fun with Music Day" number. I think the "Big Bear Boogie" was written for a Mickey Mouse Club number but I'm not sure.

I think Paul Frees' voice has been slowed down for that Shaggy Dog album. It doesn't sound natural to me. He probably recorded it at a faster pace and then the tape was slowed down to give his voice that distinctive sound.

I think Paul Frees' voice has been slowed down for that Shaggy Dog album. It doesn't sound natural to me. He probably recorded it at a faster pace and then the tape was slowed down to give his voice that distinctive sound.
You think he sounds strange on that album? I am listening and recording "Frosty's Winter Wonderland" Paul Frees is Jack Frost. Now this is a different voice for him.

You think he sounds strange on that album? I am listening and recording "Frosty's Winter Wonderland" Paul Frees is Jack Frost. Now this is a different voice for him.
Hi Ken!

I haven't see you posted in a while, but I found some great Disney albums just for you. Thanks goes out to Steve from the "Mostly Ghostly Music Sharing Blaaaggghhh!" forums for these great finds. Here they are.

Donald Duck and His Friends (DQ-1212)
Hansel & Gretel (DQ-1253)
Goldilocks & the Three Bears (DQ-1230)
The Stories of Hans Christian Anderson (DQ-1276)
The Story of Heidi (DQ-1377)
The Story of Robin Hood (ST-3810)
The Three Little Pigs (DQ-1310)

More to come

Added Album to "Ears" Record Player:

STER-4019 Grand Canyon Suite

Soundtrack from the Disney film. You may remember hearing pieces of this when riding the Disneyland train through Primeval World and Grand Canyon.

Added Album to "Ears" Record Player:

STER-4019 Grand Canyon Suite

Soundtrack from the Disney film. You may remember hearing pieces of this when riding the Disneyland train through Primeval World and Grand Canyon.

Has this been added to the Player yet? I didn't see it in the list of available titles...or am I just missing it?

On another note, I'm sure you are already aware of it, but I found a site that posts various children's albums (and there are a few Disney titles also). It is called Kiddie Records Weekly and can be found here: Kiddie Records Weekly

It's there (just looked).
Are you looking in the right place? http://www.mountainears.org/joomla/ (click the silver "ears" player on the right hand side of the main page?- to open the swf page).
http://www.mountainears.org/joomla/modules...erv2/yellow.swf
It's 7th one down in the list.

That is how I accessed the player (via FireFox). It still doesn't show on my screen. Here's what is listed:

WDL3027 Summer
WDL3021 Autumn
WDL3026 Winter
WDL3032 Spring
W3 WDW Magic Kingdom
STER4046 Disneyland Band
STER4021 Musical Calvalcade
BV1302 Say One For Me
BV3310 High and Dry
BV3319 Motion Picture
BV3323 The Moon Spinners
Vista3334 That Darn Cat
BV5006 It's a Small World
BV3981 Great Moments
ST3911 Sleeping Beauty
ST3930 The Scarecrow
ST1901 Darby O Gill
ST1906 Pollyanna
DQ1210 Goofys Dance
DQ1233 Little Toot
DQ1232 Childs Intro to Melody
DQ1262 Emil and the Detectives
DQ1300 A Natures Guide
DQ1305 Blackbeards Ghost
DQ1255 So Dear To My Heart
WDL3001 Life of the Party
WDL3008 Life Of the Party 2
WDL3030 Little Gems
WDL3039 Saludos Amigos
WDL4002 Pinocchio
WDL4007 Cinderella
WDL4014 Johnny Tremain
WDL4003 Samoa Switzerland
WDL4020 America the Beautiful
STER4022 Babes in Toyland
1204 Dumbo
1207 Cinderella
ST3805 Mickey Mouse

I'm not real savvy with FireFox. Is there a way to refresh the player screen (I tried "Ctrl + R", but that only works in a normal window). I've closed and opened the player several times, but only the same titles are shown.

EDIT: I just updated Firefox, Shockwave and Flash Player without any luck. I'm running out of ideas!

Hi Fan,
I am not sure why it is not showing up for you. If you continue to have problems, I can add it as a blog item in addition to the player. I added STER3034 "The Happy Wanderer" last night to the player. Can you see/hear that one?

DisneyChris

I have not been able to open the record player at all, and never have been able to. Do I need to download something in order to access it?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
:p
It can seem a little tricky to get the thing working - took me quite a while to figure it out.
I'm using Firefox BUT when the player (the yellow.swf page) opens, it's tiny and, at first, there's no playlist.
If you make it full page, the playlist (titled "load albums") is half off my screen to the left. It can't be seen on the minimized screen at all.
Drag it to the middle and click to make it stay where it is (you can then make the page smaller again, it'll stay where you put or click on the + sign on the player (that brings up the list of albums).
Hovering the mouse pointer over the "?" at bottom right brings up the instructions.

Disneychris, when you say you can't open the player, do you mean the actual swf page doesn't open or the player is empty?
If nothing opens up, you may need to update your flash player.
If the player is empty, click the + at thebottom.
Hope that helps.