Classic Disney Titles Available in iTunes Plus!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Whilst understanding the concept of paying for better versions, the idea that you also have to pay for stuff you downloaded, didn't like and so deleted, sounds rather sharp practice to me. OK, I know that people could just remove them from their PC without actually deleting them but this does seem to penalize the regular customer.
Still, isn't that always the way - lure in the new, forget about the old. Standard business practice :unsure:

superbu

I agree with you about lossless. I see no reason why we should have to settle for something that is less than CD quality. The idea is to keep moving forward, not to take a step backward. :(
Well, the titles that were released to all the download sites (not the iTunes exclusives) are available on MusicGiants in WMA Lossless format. They are DRM'd, but burning them to CD gets rid of the DRM. I recently downloaded the new "Sleeping Beauty" from MusicGiants.

I'm wondering...what if you temporarily remove all of the songs that you don't want to upgrade from your iTunes Music folder...will iTunes then give you the option to upgrade only the files that are left? :wacko:
A friend of mine tried that and told me it didn't work.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Well, the titles that were released to all the download sites (not the iTunes exclusives) are available on MusicGiants in WMA Lossless format.
Hmmm. I can't even browse their store with my Mac. Is it worth booting into Winblows Take 7 to see what they've got?

superbu

Hmmm. I can't even browse their store with my Mac. Is it worth booting into Winblows Take 7 to see what they've got?
Yeah, they don't work with Mac. That sucks, I know, but I think Windows Media format only works with Windows. If you can access them, they are worth checking out. I know there's a link to them under "stores" in Windows Media Player 10 and higher. I've bought over 200 tracks from them in the past two or three years.

superbu

Good news! iTunes has done a 180-degree reversal (likely due to an avalanche of complaints), and you can now pick and choose which previously purchased songs you wish to upgrade to iTunes plus. Just click the "iTunes Plus" link on the home page, and your library will pop up with a "purchase for .30" next to each eligible song.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Now that's a first.
A company actually doing something the customer wants :(
That seems much fairer.